*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3010819-The-checkout-conveyor-belt-of-doom
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Get off at the cashier's desk  •  Go Back...
Chapter #11

The checkout conveyor belt of doom.

    by: sneakyk
Deciding that you've had enough of this gigantic woman, you decide to disembark onto one of the many checkout stations at the supermarket. You boldly leap from her jeans and briefly soar through the air before rolling painfully to a halt atop the checkout station's conveyor belt. A cashier stands at the opposite end of the long conveyor belt path, a young man in his early 20s, clad in a black and green supermarket uniform. He's slim-ish, clean shaven, and bears a youthful face with medium length brown hair. He seems particularly bored at the moment.

Before you can contemplate whether or not you should get his attention, a shadow descends upon your tiny form. You see something descending upon you and instinctively flee from it before you can see what it is . KTHOOOM. You narrowly manage to avoid getting crushed. Landing on your back, you gaze up to see a humongous yellow-furred cat towering above you. You brace yourself for an encounter ,drawing your machete and looking up at the titanic feline, yet the cat doesn't budge an inch. KTHOOOM. Another cat descends into view, two feline foes towering over you.

Why would these cats even be inside a grocery store? As you brandish your blade at the predators, you soon come to an embarrassing revelation. These are not cats, they're pictures of cats adorning the front of a tub of kitty litter mix and a bag of catfood respectively. You feel silly. As you laugh at your own misunderstanding you turn to see the person who set the feline products down. You eye a heavyset Caucasian woman in her 60s, clad in a simple red dress. A fancy stone necklace hangs from her neck, in front of her impressive bosom. One of her hands is currently resting against the checkout station in all its plump glory, her red fingernails and her jewel studded wedding ring seeming particularly impressive to you.

As you focus on her hand, you see her reach into her shopping kart and pull out an enormous milk bottle. She slams it down right in front of you, cutting her gargantuan form out of her line of sight. As you consider your next course of action you just barely manage to catch a glimpse of a descending carton of Half & Half headed your way! You rush away from it, but the conveyor belt quickly becomes a warzone as the woman sets item after item upon it. You briefly take shelter beneath the curved side of a mango, but as the woman mashes a bag of chips down against it , it begins rolling right towards you. You sprint away from the mango and realize that there's no use in hiding beside items if they'll just wind up getting nudged on top of you.

As you run away from the mango, the conveyor belt shifts into motion. You frantically run about the moving platform, dodging even more items, the moving conveyor complicating your dodges. As the woman's shopping kart nears empty, she reaches down and grabs a huge pack of soda cans. The woman sends it zooming right over towards you. You begin trying to run away from it, only to find that the motion of the conveyor belt is erasing any headway you have. In a split second decision, you run along the course of the conveyor belt's motion and just narrowly avoid getting crushed under it.

The woman eventually stops setting items down, leaving quite an impressive array of items on the cash register. You're left panting in and out, having just gotten through the workout of your life. You lost count of the times you narrowly avoided getting crushed under one of these items after the fifth impact. You look around at the items as the conveyor belt begins to slow to a halt and the cashier prepares to check them out

A few of them seem like they'd make for potentially worthwhile hiding spots, some of which would require a big of machete work to get into:

A bag of delicious looking strawberries
The bag of catfood from earlier
A birthday card and envelope. Judging by the woman's cashier it seems to be for a one year old grandson.
A microwaveable meal
A pack of Depends.

For now you have a call to make...whether to hide among the items (and thus hitch a ride home with the woman) or avoid entering any of the items (and thus probably get seen by the cashier)
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 sneakyk (UN: sneakykit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3010819-The-checkout-conveyor-belt-of-doom