*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2027122-GoT-Interactive-Story-Competition/cid/1989682-Laura-keeps-running-until
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Community · #2027122
When you're ar the brink of war, what choices do you make? Which road do you take?
This choice: Laura keeps running until...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Laura keeps running until...

    by: Joy-the Harpy Witch
Laura ran until her legs couldn't carry her. Yet, wherever she had run, she could see she still was in the jungle. She hopped over a boxy shrubs at the end and stomped feeling flustered with the pain in her leg. That was when she heard a cackle under, or was it in between, her feet. "Come on, come on! Stomp harder so I can get out of this jail of a seed."

Directing her gaze down to the slippery ground, she saw a walnut-sized seed that seemed to move. Without thinking, Laura stomped her foot on the seed, cracking it open. Suddenly there was a fog and the form of a giant woman took shape. "I am Chilan," she said. "From Taiwan."

"Taiwan?" Laura repeated in fear. "I don't know we were near Taiwan."

"Just because I am from Taiwan doesn't mean Taiwan is near here. It is, in fact, far far away."Let me tell you about my name. "On Taiwan island, fog envelops all year round on a mountain named Chilan. My name comes from that mountain. In that forested island, only three days of the year are clear of fog, and moisture left on the trees alone can reach thirty inches. This fog stabilizes temperature and humidity in this forest, creating a perfect environment to nurture Asia's precious primal cypress forest. To unlock the mysterious force behind this fog, a prominent scientist wizard came to the forest like a genie, reaching through the fog to cypress trees around him, discovering the delicate relationship between fog and the growth of plant lives. How incredible is mother nature, don't you think?"

"Excuse me, but I am in a hurry," Laura said. "I lost my brother, and I hate to admit it, but I am afraid of this forest."

"No problem, just lean on me and I'll tell you my story," Chilan stretched her arm to Laura. Laura took her arm and leaned on her. Together they began hobbling along.

"This wizard found me as the odalisque of a monster and through trying to save me, he put me in that dreadful seed, but before he could turn me back, the you-know-who's did away with him."

"You-know-whos? Who are they? What are their names?"

"Hush, Child. We only refer to them indirectly."

"What if we don't?"

"They appear thinking they are being called and your kind and my kind are toast when they see us?'

"Your kind? What is your kind?"

"Never mind my kind. Just know that I am a friend to help you and your brother is in grave danger with the pixies."

"I must go back to him."

"No, no, you mustn't. They are worse with the women. They are jealous of our beauty."

"But I am not beautiful, Chalan."

"You are a she, aren't you? From another kind, yet. They are even jealous of each other, those pixies."

"Nevertheless, I must find my brother."

"No, you must come with me, while we hide in my old hut, if it's still there."

505 words *Checkg*
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Way behind! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2027122-GoT-Interactive-Story-Competition/cid/1989682-Laura-keeps-running-until