*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2105644-RPG-Gone-Wrong/cid/3159647-Ignore-the-menu-that-pops-up
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2105644
Your life is now an RPG, and it is transforming you.
This choice: Ignore the menu that pops up  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Ignore the menu that pops up

    by: Noteman
During the greeting with your sister in the morning, you notice the same screen you saw last night pop in front of you once again. You took a couple of seconds for your mind to process what was in front of you. Last night you thought that the interface was something you made up due to exhaustion, but now you weren't sure if it was a trick on your mind anymore.

"Brother? You alright?" Susie interrupts your out of world experience.

You blink a few times hoping that you were still feeling the tiredness of yesterday, and to your surprise or to your relief the interface disappears. "Uh.. . yeah, I'm fine. It just something was stuck in my eye, but it's gone now, nothing to worry about," you respond. "Well I'm gonna head out. Don't want to be late for school," you add grabbing your backpack.

Susie gives a quick goodbye to you as you leave your house. On the way to school not much happened on the way. You hoped that whatever strangeness that happened last night and this morning won't occur again. Once you reached the front gates of the school, you notice on of your best friends waiting there. "Hey Anthony! How's it going?" You fist bump him on doing the usual greeting.

He just shrugs his head, "Not much, you?"

You give it some thought and considered telling him the weird things that happened to you this morning, but decided against it because he would probably brush it off as some wild imagination you made up. You wouldn't even believe it yourself, so there wouldn't be any point in consulting him. "Same old stuff just trying to get this day over with."

"Yeah, same."

As both of you were gonna head into the building, something stops you in your tracks. The same interface that has plagued you since last night shows up once again but with slight different text:

Relation:
Anthony Davis - 50 (Close Friend)

At this point, you had no choice, but to believe that whatever was going on was real and not something in your head. The question you know had in your head was what happens now. If the things that the screen said at the beginning was in fact true, then your life really did become an RPG like game. As much as you would like to learn about this UI thing, it would be better to do it in class instead of just standing in the middle of the path where students were walking. You quickly catch up with your friend who thinks nothing of it and head to your homeroom.

Once in class, your homeroom teacher gives the same announcement as everyday and afterwards the rest of the time was chilling in class. You take this opportunity to explore this interface. Just like any RPG games, the first screen that it shows you was your image along with stats and skills that you currently had. However, the stats numbers you had weren't anything crazy. Most of the stats such as agility, intelligence , strength, etc. were pretty average in the range between 40-50. This was nothing surprising since you weren't anything crazy. If anything you considered someone who was part of the masses. You weren't really someone who got bullied, nor you were popular. You thought that you had a simple and easy life that you didn't complain much. Also your skills were mundane too. such as gaming lvl 1 and scholar lvl ; this attributed to the fact that you play games in you off times, and you are currently a student. The next thing you wanted to check were the tabs which included inventory, relationships, and party.

However, before you could check the rest of the tabs, someone's shoulder bumps into you. You freeze in place. You never considered if other people could see the screen you were looking at. You do a quick scan around the room. and you see no one looking at you funny. Everyone in the room was minding their business as usual. Relief that the interface was something only you could see, you turn your attention to the person who bumped into you.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't notice that you were behind me! Could you forgive me?" the girl quickly says to you.

You notice the girl standing before you as Kate, one of the most popular girls in your school. She had a very attractive figure with smooth skin and long silky blond hair. Her face already looked beautifully without makeup and along with very filling breasts and a bubbly butt. Anyone would wish to be dating such a beautiful girl including you. However, you haven't really interacted much with Kate and her group of friends because you aren't really the type of person to be with these type of girls. Also, their group are well known to make fun and pick on people who thought that they were chummy with them when they weren't.

You start to get embarrassed unsure how to respond to her. But you come up with a good response, "uhm... no no, it's alright. It's also my fault for not noticing either so no problem." You worried how she would take it. You didn't want to be on the list on people to pick on. Surprisingly, it went better than expected.

She smiles and give a quick giggle, "Awww, thanks so much! You're such a nice person Erik!"

You couldn't believe that Kate out of all people gave you a compliment and before you could bask in the compliment, you hear a ding and then a screen pop up:

Relation:
Kate Hill - 0 (Stranger) +2

You saw that with this one interaction your relation with her has improved by two points, but you were also sadden that she considered you a stranger. Before you could say anything else to her, she turns back to her group of friends and starts to chat again. This gave you an idea that maybe with this ability of yours, you could actually become someone in this school. It's not like you want to but it would be pretty cool do so. Or it was perhaps a great way to finally get yourself a girlfriend. This interface could make gauging someone's interest in you so much easier and who knows what else the ability could give you to your advantage. The best place to start with could be with Kate, who you already gained plus two points in her relation with you. you could also concentrate on doing something else like improving your stats that you had or looking for someone else to improve relation with.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Persued Kate and her group

*Noteb*
2. Look for someone else

*Noteb*
3. Talk to teacher and see how to improve intelligence

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Noteman (UN: noteman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kiriko Izuyu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2105644-RPG-Gone-Wrong/cid/3159647-Ignore-the-menu-that-pops-up