*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2266108-Little-Miss-Prissy-Pants
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Brit Tanner  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Little Miss Prissy Pants

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
"No fair!"

Just as Brit Tanner entered the Gerbert Gerbil & the Cosmic Crew restaurant her so called 'friends' had already left her to go play, when Brit was still struggling with her backpack. Well, that was mostly Brit's own doing. Her Hippo Don backpack, the purple hippo with his 3-D specks and yellow rain slicker, was looking mighty stuffed. Brit just had to go everywhere with her stuff, especially to Gerbert's, because she had all of her favorite toys in here, of which she was trying to reorganize when that left her abandoned in the main dining room.

"Who needs stinkin' friends," Brit badmouthed as she rearranged her Gerbert, Moolia and Fuchsia figurines. The young girl may have not realized just how her personality could be off putting to others. Brit Tanner had standards. Everything had to be just right. She needed to have all of her Gerbert's toys with her when she came to the space themed restaurant with the animal mascots. Her food was to be just hot enough, with her favorite soda, and she had to win a new prize whenever she was here.

No other kid in town could match Brit Tanner's collection of Gerbert's merchandise. Or if they did, they didn't flaunt it around the way she did. Brit adored the Cosmic Crew, owning everything from the toys, plush animals, t-shirts, clothing, cutlery, various knick-knacks and all of the cartoon episodes taped. It helped that Brit's parents were rich, richer than anybody around here at least, and she'd been spoilt from an early age to get whatever she wanted, expecting the best when she did so.

Traits that made the other kids view her as a snob. While Gerbert's had become a favorite after school hangout, one that Brit would announce amongst her peers for the attention, no one ever took her up on her 'invitation.' Sure, they would come but they wouldn't come with her, not to hang out with Brit Tanner, leaving her dropped in the vicinity like a used napkin.

Which often left Brit insulting her own generation whenever the other kids wouldn't spend time with her. "Serves them right if I have a fantastic time and they don't," Brit said to herself as she smoothed out her white skirt and pink Fuchsia t-shirt. Anything Fuchsia related was high status amongst the elementary school crowd, or it should be, because of how the animatronic in chronic disrepair rarely had any of her own merchandise. The other kids were too plebeian to notice, to borrow an adult term.

"Why mother insists I need more friends anyway," Brit asked her Gerbert and Moolia figurines, last to be propped up in the zipper portion of the backpack. Posed in such a way that when she wore her backpack Brit's most treasured figures would look over her shoulder to see how much of a good time she was having.

That she spent the first part of nearly every visit complaining about her 'rotten' friends spoke to how much fun she usually had.

Well, Brit was plenty independent. As she readjusted a Cosmic Crew hair clip in her blonde tresses she set out to spend an afternoon at Gerbert's just the way she wanted.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2266108-Little-Miss-Prissy-Pants