*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Group of Friends
  2. Misery's Company
  3. Children
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2474408-A-Group-of-Friends
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: A bashful Courtney tails after some other kids, watching them.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A Group of Friends

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
While Courtney did love the food at Gerbert's, she was satisfied for the time being from the mushu pork she had eaten. Her main reason for coming here whenever her family left her alone was to see the other kids and families. She liked watching them although she was too scared to go up and talk to strangers.

Sometimes Courtney felt like she was part of a group of friends, watching them all crowd around an arcade game to beat the high score, or trade their tickets for prizes at the counter. She'd even watched what the kids a few tables away were eating and ordered it for herself, just to pretend that she was sharing a meal with them.

Although Courtney couldn't watch the other kids for too long without them noticing. The young asian girl had learned to curb her watching with taking interest in some other game when tailing other kids in the arcade. Once some boys had noticed her watching and talking loudly about her weight and glasses so much it embarrassed her.

Today Courtney saw a group of friends almost immediately. There were two boys and two girls, about her age, who looked to have just arrived at Gerbert's before she had, as they set their backpacks in a booth. They made a beeline to the arcade, Courtney shadowing them.

There was a black boy with short hair wearing a local softball jersey. He was arguing who amongst the Cosmic Crew was the better character, Gerbert Gerbil or Hippo Don, with a red haired boy with lots of freckles and green shorts. With them was a girl who looked an awful lot like the freckled boy, with her own red hair and freckles, a close sibling. And rounding out this quartet was a pale girl with brown hair. She was chunky, her purple dress was snug, although she was not close to Courtney's size.

The girls laughed at a joke Courtney couldn't hear. It must have been at the boys' expense, as they looked shocked and told the girls off by name.

Over the course of the next several minutes Courtney had gathered each of their names. The black boy was Marcus, the freckled boy was Sawyer and his sister was Sabrina. The remaining girl was named Nadine.

Even though the cluster of friends went from game cabinet to game cabinet, with Courtney watching them, it looked like they couldn't decide on what to do together. Sawyer wanted to do a physical game like basketball hoops or skeeball, while Marcus and Sabrina wanted the first play of contrasting video games. Nadine complained about getting something to eat, as she was hungry.

It was in the midst of their argument about what to do that the freckled twins, Sawyer and Sabrina, spotted Courtney looking at them. At their prompting Marcus and Nadine turned around as well before Courtney could look away. She froze up, caught staring with baited breath as the other kids regarded her existence.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2474408-A-Group-of-Friends