*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Omen Punishment
  2. Bad Luck
  3. Trick or Treat!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2403737-Omen-Punishment
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2136245
You're out trick or treating. However, it turns out they're getting treats.
This choice: Random Chance  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Omen Punishment

    by: Unknown
You three chew and munch on your cookies. They weren’t half bad… at least you didn’t think so. You turned to Kevin and Maria and noticed they seemed to be enjoying the cookies as well. You turned back to the black cat lady, finishing off your cookie. You were about to thank her for the delicious cookies, maybe even ask for a few more cookies, but you stopped yourself. You felt strange and tired all of a sudden. Your limbs felt as if they were made of concrete and your eyes became heavy. Instead of thanking the cat lady you let out a yawn.

You whirled around to notice Kevin and Maria in a similar state. There must’ve been something wrong with those cookies! Your hearing started sounding weird, the pitch of the crickets sounded deep and bassy, the crunching of Fall leaves sounded like explosions. Your vision became blurry and distorted. You were so tired, you laid down on the ground and almost immediately fell asleep as your head situated itself on the cat ladies concrete front stoop. Maria and Kevin followed suit.

The black cat lady smiled widely at the three sleeping trick-or-treaters, clapping her paws together and licking her lips, “Ah, wonderful, yes! Mother’s old recipe for Enchanted Sleeping Cookies worked.” The domesticated feline put her paws on her hips and wore a smug smirk as she looked down at you three, “Now you must pay for your bad omens.” You three were soon dragged into the cat ladies’ dark house as the door was eventually closed once again, sealing you all inside with her

You weren’t sure how much time has passed when you reawaken. In reality, you three were only unconscious for ten minutes, but to you it felt like you slept for days. As you open your eyes you notice you’re sat on a large couch in a well-lit living room. The place was nicely furnished with a black wood coffee table in front of you with a vase of deep purple flowers. In front of you was a large flat-screen television and hung on the wall above that was a painting. You gasped as you noticed the painting was of a nude black cat woman. You were in the black cat’s house!

After gasping you could hear the cat’s voice a few rooms away, “Oh! Trick-or-treaters awake again.” You then heard the click-clack of her paw-ed feet on the wooden floor as she approached the living room. You try to get up and sprint out of here before you notice your arms and legs have been bound with rope, a strange rope that had a faint green glow to it. You then notice Kevin and Maria were situated on the couch next to you, both starting to awaken. Click-clack-clack! The black cat entered the living room with a smile on her muzzle.

Ah yes! My trick-or-treaters are awake. Now I must punish you three for bad omens.” Upon the mention of ‘bad omens’ her ears flattened and her feline eyes narrowed at you. Was she really that mad that you stepped under her ladder? The cat continued as she approached you, “Since I am the local omen mage I must administer your bad omens myself.”

You had no idea what an Omen Mage was and even less of an idea why this cat was trying to punish you and your friends, but you did certainly know that you wanted to get out of here. You pull and tug at your bindings but you can’t break them, in fact, they feel like they’re getting tighter. By now Maria and Kevin have both fully woken up and both were startled at the situation. They tugged at their bindings, receiving a similar tightening effect.

Maria grunted and whined as she writhed on the couch, “Mmmmmfff, what’s going on? Let us go.”

Kevin whined and whimpered, kicking and grunting but getting himself nowhere, “Aw man, I told you guys this was bad news. I knew it, I knew it!”

This only further grated on Maria’s nerves, “Oh, will you give it a rest Kevin?”

Kevin looked red in the face and said in a scared but slightly annoyed voice, “I’m not gonna be quiet Maria, you two were the one’s that dragged us into this and-“

The black cat growled and yelled, “Silence you three! You are breaking my concentration. I must now administer your bad omen.”

You squeak in fear and try to talk your way out of this, still believing this is just a lady in a costume. Probably just playing a mean, yet elaborate prank. “Listen miss, we’re sorry that we broke the rules and walked under your ladder, but can we please just go. We promise to never cause any bad omens ever again.”

Maria barged in with her own comment, “Yeah! And if you don’t let us go the cops will come looking for us. Don’t think you’d wanna deal with them. Vampyre Lane is just a few blocks from the local police station after all.”

The black cat seemed to be listening intently, closed her eyes and responded, “I dearly apologize for what I must do, but it is the law of Vampyre Lane that I perform any and all bad omens that befall trick-or-treaters. Now if you’ll excuse me, the sooner I can perform your omen, the sooner this will end.”

The cat’s mind seemed to be made up as she loomed over you three before Maria interrupted again, “Oh yeah. So what are you gonna do then?” The cat raised a confused furry brow before answering with a rumbling stomach…
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
nobody495 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2403737-Omen-Punishment