*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. It's starting now
  2. Creepy Mansion
  3. Trapped!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2576468-Its-starting-now
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2136245
You're out trick or treating. However, it turns out they're getting treats.
This choice: A group of crack heads and bums  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

It's starting now

    by: white olive
You pressed the bell.
For a few seconds, you heard nothing, wondering if the place was actually inhabited despite this strange feeling to be observed.
But when you are about to turn around and move to the next house, you're hearing some footsteps approaching and the creaking door opening. The person who opened looked like nothing mentioned by the rumors, a simple human being such like you. This one was indeed pretty hairy with a large beard, long black hairs and according to the smell, it sounds that the origins of the rumors were more simple than you expected : a bunch of homeless people.

You breath out deeply, pleased to discover that Vampyre Lane was, like most of urban legends, a simple case with an exaggeration of facts. The man is staring at you with a face reflecting some kind of curiosity.

"-Yeah Bud'? Can I know why you're here? You're looking unwell..." he asked.
"-Sorry." you said "I came here and got trapped by a bunch of little brats who locked me here in exchange of candies...but unless you know another way out, I guess I'm going to another place..."
You are about to leave but at the moment you turned around, the old man shout "-Wait! Where are you going?"
You stopped. "-I'm going to find some candies or another exit as I told you..."
"-What time is it?"
"-It's 9:50pm" you answered looking at your watch after a sight "Can I leave now? I want to go home..."
"-You won't leave this place like this and It's a very short time... hopefully it's not too late..."
The bum turned around in hurry, facing someone in the house "Hugo?" He asked "Is it possible to add someone in ten minutes?"

You heard an answer from the inside but it was too far from your position to understand what was said, but you can see the face of the man filled with disappointment.
"-What the heck is going on? Will you tell me what's wrong in here?!" you shout.
"-I'm sorry pal, there's nothing we can do... We're too close to the deadline..."
"-What deadline? Tell me?"
"-In normal days, this place is dead and peaceful... soon it will be filled with life. I bet you already saw some decorations and glowing eyes around you..."
"-You mean the party in the neighborhood? It's normal on Halloween Night... What are you trying to tell me?"
"-I'm sorry, It's too late... we cannot help you. They're coming.... Good luck and don't trust anybody!"
"--They-- ? Hey!"

The bum slam the door at you and said a few words, "The statue nearby the shack.", before getting completely quiet.

"Sir?" you're asking in front of the door "Sir...?"
You knock the door but you got no further answers, the man and his band were like vanished from the world and after a few minutes you heard a loud deep sound coming from the church.

1... 2... 3... The bell is ringing 8... 9...10 o'clock for you.
You are confused, Stunned by the sound, giving you a short headache and then nothing... nothing but one difference...
The sound around you... so quiet and peaceful before, now sounding louder, warmer... and now you are slowly back to yourself, you notice that silence has died, and the city has came to life...

You look around you and see a city filled with light, louder musics and even... voices?
All of this sounded so strange that you finally thought you just got crazy a few time with all these rumors about the place... maybe you even imagined the bums since when you gave another look at the mansion, you saw some light from the inside and no more eyes looking at you through the window...

You take a new breath and retry ringing the bell of the mansion. At worst, you're going to see these people again! After all, nobody can disappear like this. This time, you hear another kind of footstep, softer, lighter and faster. Someone opened the door...
You almost dropped your orange bucket when you saw the person... A very realistic costume shaped like a black wolf with red-orange eyes.

"I... I... Excuse me... Guess I rang at the wrong door..." You said with a forced smile, stepping slowly backward.
"-Well, I don't see any problem with this. Such things happen... or maybe you are here for another reason? I know, the house looks creepy but it's a style to afraid and amuse the kids. If such a great person needs something, feel free to ask..."
The voice sounds calm and the tons let you think that the person was a probably a woman in disguise... despite the fact the costume seems to be very detailed, even producing the eye blinking effect.

Since the wolf woman seems to be friendly to your person, you decide to relax. Scratching the back of your head and explaining the facts.
"So you need to bring to your friend some candies in order to leave, right?"

"-Yes... and as quick as possible, I would like to go home before dawn or else, my mother is going to kill me..."
"-Well, for a cute boy like you, I think I can do something... how old are, you by the way?"
"-I'm nineteen years old... I know, it's a bit too late for trick-or-treating people..."
"-Yes. Actually, I use to play some games with kids in order to decide their prize but I guess you're too... strong for this. I think I'm going to give them to you for free. Since it's in my cellar, I'll spend some time searching for it and I don't want you to stay outside with this cold so... please, come in, grab a chair and wait. It won't be long, I promise! I've got some coffee if needed."

You are wondering if it's a good idea to come in since you don't know the person. On the other hand, you are a young man but an adult, what could go wrong?

You have the following choices:

1. You go inside

*Noteb*
2. You stay outside

*Noteb*
3. You decline the offer

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 white olive (UN: oliv_pale at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
nobody495 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2576468-Its-starting-now