*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166257-The-Swapplet/cid/2583691-Some-more-nightly-swap-experiments
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2166257
Ethan finds a strange tablet in his backyard that allows him to swap with people.
This choice: Some more nightly swap experiments.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Some more nightly swap experiments

    by: Mr. Scratch
Ethan wanted to sleep after his playtime in his new outfit, but he just could not. In the back of his mind, there was this small voice telling him to continue his investigation in the possibilities of the swapplet. This urge that told him to get up and look for another "victim" to swap with. After what felt like an eternity where he tossed himself from one side of the bed to the other, just trying to find some sleep, he got up, straightened his red teddy and took the swapplet in his hands.

"It's just too tempting to have something like this lying around and not using it", he thought as he absentmindedly turned the device in his hands. It was still so unbelievable that such a small little thing had so much power. Power over reality! Which also meant he had to be careful. A quick glance at his phone told him that it was 2am.

"Hardly anyone awake right now. This will make it much easier to get some swaps done without the danger of someone seeing me with the swapplet", he thought.

This led him to another problem though: With hardly anyone awake, his options were fairly limited. He could swap with his neighbours if he was lucky enough that someone left his window blinds untouched. "Or do I?", he thought, but soon something in his mind told him that he had to have visual contact with the person he was swapping with. It did not matter if he saw the person via CCTV, through glass or via a skype call. As long as he could see the person live in the moment, he could swap with her. “This sudden knowledge really comes in handy.”

That of course meant that Ethan’s options could only be slightly widened. He doubted that any of his friends in school were awake right now or wanted to skype with him at this late hour. Live streams, like gaming live streams or even cam girls. They would limit his options, a life swap for example would be out of question. He would be unable to swap back, because he would be unable to see “himself” again. Some other swaps were out of question as well. If he swapped breasts with a cam girl, who knew if they would still be a cam girl or if the reality altering decided to change her job.

“And of course no sudden knowledge this time”, he sighed and grabbed his mother’s pink, silky robe to conceal his inappropriate attire, as well as giving him some protection against the cold. It was still late summer, but he at night it could get chilly. Slowly and carefully he opened his door and stepped outside on the hallway. A quick glance through the long stretched room told him that his family was asleep right now. He tip-toed to the stairs and went downstairs to think and maybe catch a glimpse on someone on the street or one of the neighbours windows.

The only light source outside was the street lamp and given its location, it barely provided any light for Ethan. He could see that someone of the Gibson family across the street was still awake or this person fell asleep in front of the TV. Either way, he could not see the person thanks to house walls. The rest of the houses were dark.

“Really limited options here”, he sighed and sat down on the couch. Sure, he could sneak over to the Black’s house and try his luck by peeking through the window. Maybe he could see the person in front of the TV. The TV itself was another possibility. Maybe he found some live show, just like he could look for some live stream on the internet. Of course he could still swap with his family, but it was not as appealing to him. The last possible solution was that he might be more lucky if he looked over the backyard fence. His room unfortunately had the window on the street side so he either had to sneak into his parents or sisters room or he had to peek over the fence.

Not wanting to risk waking his family up just to inspect his options, Ethan slipped into his mother’s, now actually his, black ballet flats, the only pair of shoes he quickly found downstairs, and made his way to the fence. He grabbed a chair to give him a small height boost and made his way across the backyard. To his dismay, the otherside was just as barren and dark. With a big sigh, he returned the chair to its original position and began pondering with whom to swap. At last he decided to...

You have the following choices:

1. Swap with his sister.

*Noteb*
2. Swap with one of his parents.

*Noteb*
3. Check next doors.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. Scratch (UN: damaho1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mr. Scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166257-The-Swapplet/cid/2583691-Some-more-nightly-swap-experiments