*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. On the (job) hunt
  2. Day One at Port Zaftig
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2182815-Port-Zaftig/cid/2619531-On-the-job-hunt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2182815
A coastal city where the air is hot, the ocean is cool, and furs of absurd weights live.
This choice: Start job hunting  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

On the (job) hunt

    by: Mindovermatter
The laptop hummed away while Evan, munching on a granola bar, browsed on JobDeed, a popular job posting website. He spent much of the day on the site and, lucky for him, found more than a few places that he thought would hire him. While it was true that the lion had enough funds to last him at least a couple of month in the city, Evan decided that it would be better if he found work sooner rather than later. Besides, he reasoned, if he found a job fast, he could use that saved up money on something fun instead of using it for rent.

One posting he qualified for was as a data entry clerk at Qual-U-Tech, a technology firm downtown. By the sounds of the job description, it's a pretty low-key desk job. While Evan didn't quite like the idea of sitting on his butt all day, a cushy desk job was infinitely better than the manual labour jobs he had before.

Another job he believed he could land was at a manufacturing plant working on the assembly line. ManufactCo assembled loads of different machines and parts for other companies, and it sounded like they need a warm body to press the right button at the right time.

Episteme was a research lab that Evan could figure out what exactly they researches. But that didn't matter to him. They were seeking a receptionist, and the lion was sure he knew how to greet people and work a phone line.

Oddly enough, none of the restaurants or resorts for tourists were hiring. The only posting he saw was for a waiter at Zãf, a luxury restaurant. "MUST MEET SPECIFIED PHYSICAL ABILITY AND APPEARANCE REQUIREMENTS" the posting said.

And finally, a local pizza place called Purgatory Pizza was hiring a cook. Evan had previously worked in a similar joint before. And while he wasn't thrilled about the idea of going back to one, he was absolutely certain he'd land the job.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mindovermatter (UN: blahblah64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mindovermatter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2182815-Port-Zaftig/cid/2619531-On-the-job-hunt