*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2186142-The-Head-Collector/cid/2742706-The-bus-reach-its-stop
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joe
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2186142
Based on Return to Oz, this story is about a woman who likes to collect heads.
This choice: The bus reach it's stop.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The bus reach it's stop.

    by: Unknown
**BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP**

Despite the advanced warning, The Collector was so caught up in her head snatching attempt that she was completely unable to react to the sudden stopping of the bus, her feet thrown clean out from under her and her body launched forward into bus' pay station. "OW!" The Collector thought, reaching to rub the shoulder that had absorbed the brunt of the impact before remembering the rues. Bodies didn't register or respond to pain. Nor did they get up on their own when knocked down. The Collector sighed silently. She had to play dumb.

"Dumb body." The bus driver said, confirming The Collector's acting abilities. A few passengers groaned as the driver put the bus in park so that she could assist you, their journey delayed. "You, body, stand." The driver instructed in a clear and loud voice, wrapping her arms through the body's armpits and linking them under its chest. She manhandled the torso upright, and as per her instructions The Collector stood up in a slow and rehearsed series of motions. With the body standing at attention, the bus driver came around and looked at its chest, then its arms, then walked around to its back again, her face transitioning from annoyed to confused and right back to annoyed again. "No tag, are you joking?" She muttered.

Since bodies were so easily knocked out of their rhythm, most caretakers affixed an index card somewhere on the body indicating the body's home address, their caretaker's phone number, what their instructions had been, and what the caretaker would prefer you do should the body become disoriented (whether to walk it back home, reprogram its instructions, call the owner, etc.) Since The Collector had come to this city on a spur of the moment decision she hadn't thought to make herself a tag and even if yoshe did she didn't fancy fabricating a cover story that someone might be able to debunk and cause even more trouble than just playing dumb would have.

Sighing heavily, the bus driver stepped out of the vehicle to check her cross-streets, then returned to the bus and said in an authoritative tone "You, body, exit vehicle." The Collector did as instructed, turning mechanically and marching out onto the pavement. "You, body, turn left, walk three blocks, turn right, walk two blocks." She instructed. While The Collector didn't know this city well enough to say with total certainty, she were 95% sure that the bus driver was guiding her to a police station. There they would attempt to identify her and return the body to its caretakers, or otherwise put it into one of their storage facilities. Being The Collecter herself, The Collector didn't particularly fancy waltzing straight into a police station. They PROBABLY wouldn't be able to identify her, but just the possibility that they would and that she'd be instantly thrown in irons and interrogated made The Collector's skin crawl.

Realizing that she'd been standing still and not following the bus driver's instructions for a soon to be suspiciously long amount of time, The Collector...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Joe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2186142-The-Head-Collector/cid/2742706-The-bus-reach-its-stop