*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2250102-Agents-of-Shield-shrinkinggiantess/cid/JLYYK6Z4N-Quake-Steps-In
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Blood
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2250102
You or a character get sized changed in the Agents of Shield universe
This choice: Quake  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Quake Steps In

    by: Blood
The sterile scent of disinfectant and the hum of advanced machinery filled the air of the S.H.I.E.L.D. lab. Rows of high-tech equipment gleamed under the bright fluorescent lights, casting crisp shadows on the tiled floor. As you stood near a lab bench, examining a new piece of technology that S.H.I.E.L.D. was developing, an unexpected sensation washed over you. The room seemed to expand around you, the countertops and equipment soaring higher and higher until you realized, with a jolt of panic, that you were shrinking.

You watched helplessly as the world grew larger, your surroundings becoming a vast, intimidating landscape. When the transformation finally ceased, you found yourself standing at a mere two inches tall. The once ordinary lab now resembled an alien world, with towering structures and distant, echoing sounds.

Before you could fully grasp the gravity of your predicament, the lab door swished open with a hydraulic hiss. In walked Daisy Johnson, also known as Quake, her presence as commanding as ever. She strode into the room with purpose, her eyes scanning the various screens and readouts. Each step she took reverberated through the ground, sending tremors that you could feel in your tiny bones.

Her black combat boots, laced tightly up to mid-calf, were like massive monoliths. The treads on the soles looked like they could crush boulders, and the polished leather gleamed under the harsh lab lights. You scrambled backwards, narrowly avoiding being flattened as she moved with casual confidence, completely unaware of your tiny presence.

"Daisy!" you shouted, but your voice was pitifully small, lost in the cavernous space between you. She moved closer, and you dodged another potential flattening as she adjusted her position, leaning over a console. The floor shook with her every movement, the sound of her footsteps like thunderclaps in your ears.

Desperation set in. You had to get her attention somehow, but how? The sight of her enormous boot moving towards you once more spurred you into action. You darted towards the relative safety of the wall, your heart pounding as the ground quaked beneath you. Finally, she paused, standing still just a few feet away – well, feet from your perspective. To her, you were likely just a speck on the floor.

You stood at the base of her boot, staring up at the impossible height of it. The leather was scuffed from countless missions, each mark telling a story of its own. You needed a way to make her see you without getting crushed in the process.

Climbing seemed the best option, but the smooth leather provided little in the way of handholds. Instead, you decided to try to climb the lace, which was slightly more textured and might give you the grip you needed. Grabbing onto a loop of the lace, you began to scale the boot, your tiny hands gripping the coarse material tightly.

It was slow going, but determination fueled you. As you climbed, you yelled again, hoping that the closer proximity to her ear might make your voice more audible. "Daisy! Down here!"

But Daisy remained unaware, her attention focused on the console in front of her. She shifted her weight slightly, causing you to cling tighter to the lace to avoid being shaken off. The motion sent a jolt through you, and you realized how precarious your position was.

Finally, you reached the top of her boot, panting from the effort. You waved your arms frantically, jumping up and down, but she still didn't notice you. Her eyes remained fixed on the readouts, her mind occupied with whatever mission or task she was focused on.

You stood at the edge of her boot, staring up at her towering figure, feeling both relief and frustration. Daisy Johnson, the formidable Quake, was so close and yet so far. You had to find another way to get her attention, to let her know you needed help.

As you contemplated your next move, Daisy turned and walked towards the lab bench where you'd been working before. The ground quaked with each step, but you held on, determined not to lose your grip. You knew that somehow, you'd find a way to get noticed and return to your normal size. Until then, you would have to rely on your resourcefulness and hope that Daisy remained unaware of your tiny, vulnerable state.

You have the following choices:

1. You climb Quake’s boot

*Noteb*
2. Quake sees you

*Noteb*
3. Quake thinks you’re a spy drone or bug

*Noteb*
4. Agent 33 comes in

*Noteb*
5. More

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Blood (UN: bloodrayne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Blood has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2250102-Agents-of-Shield-shrinkinggiantess/cid/JLYYK6Z4N-Quake-Steps-In