*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. John Wrangler
  2. Feral Livestock
  3. Follow a livestock Human
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2270224-Wolfe-Family-Farm/cid/3216949-John-Wrangler
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2270224
Come visit the Wolfe's, just your normal human-farming werewolf family.
This choice: John Wrangler  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

John Wrangler

    by: BIG BAD WOLF Happy July 4th!
John sat under a tree, as he watched Marcus leave. Unseen by anyone, there was a scowl upon John's face. He knew the vampire, and his methods, not that the vampire would remember a single human. At least the Wolfe's called him John, to say nothing about his Herd name, instead of some number he barely cared for.

"Those two still messing down by the fence?" he said, quietly.

"Yes," said a young man. "Pretty sure that the camera's damaged too."

"Figures," John muttered.

"Do you think we could use it to escape?" the young man asked.

"Argyle, there's only a handful of reasons that Marcus's goons would mess with a security camera and a fence, and none of them would be to free us," John said. "Get to the Master, tell him I need to see him, the sooner the better."

"What for?" Argyle asked.

"So that the camera and fence can get fixed," said John. "Otherwise, Marcus's goons will come back, and either try to steal us, set up an 'escape' attempt, or bring some inspector around to 'prove' that the Master is an 'irresponsible' livestock owner. In any case, you'd find yourself sealed up in a pouch, braindead, being milked of blood to feed vampires and Grade A semen for breeders! At least with the Wolfe's you'd get a snapped neck and a quick death."

"Why don't you tell him yourself?" Argyle asked.

"Because my leg is bothering me, and someone must keep an eye on those two," said John.

"That the same leg that you broke when Robert caught you?" Argyle asked.

"Cold weather bothers it," said John. "Now, what are those two doing?"

"Looks like they are leaving," said Argyle.

"Good," said John. "Now, get going."

John watched the young man get up, and walk towards the house. He looked at his wrist, at a very faint scar.

"You'll make for a fine blood bag," a distant voice in the past said. "Prime grade even. Worth fifty thousand dollars per ounce."

John growled, as he remembered. He could hear the beeps of the life monitors. He remembered his mother hooked up to one, unresponsive. He felt a stab of pain as if a needle had been stabbed into him. Then, he remembered his father, having broken into the place, with a stolen hammer and long blade. He remembered his father removing the needle, and killing the technician, by stabbing and filling him with the serum used to make folks braindead. He remembered his father telling him to run. He remembered the smoke and flames, as he fled from the place. He remembered -

"John, you wanted to speak to me?"

John looked up, and for a brief moment, he saw a look of fear on Robert's face, the look one got when they saw that a dangerous predator had decided that they were lunch. The look was quickly masked though.

"You said that there was an issue?" Robert said, trying to make his voice neutral.

Despite himself, a grin came to John's face. He liked it when the powerful Predators felt fear grip them, even if it was for just a second. "Yes," he said, regaining control of his emotions. "Seems Marcus's goons damaged the fence and one of the cameras. Probably on accident of course. Might want to fix them, before someone gets ideas."

"I'll get on it," said Robert. "Wouldn't do for one of the livestock to stray. Of course, your running days are over."

John chuckled. "True. Probably wouldn't get too far, what with winter coming, and snow due. How's the ribs by the way?"

"Just a slight ache," said Robert. "Nothing I can't handle."

"That's good to hear," said John. "Mind helping me to stand, and fetching me my walking stick? My leg's bothering me."

Robert gave a slight growl, as he helped John up, and got him his walking stick, which wasn't too far away. "Anything else?"

"What did Marcus want with your today, Master?"

Robert sighed. "He offered ten million dollars for the entire operation."

"Tell me you turned him down," said John.

"I did," said Robert.

"Good, because if you ever accept his offer, I'll kill you," said John. "And if your wife ever spent any of the money, her too. Might leave your offspring alone though, especially Billy, as he's just a cub."

"Something happened between him and you, didn't it?" Robert asked, as he looked John in the eye. "Every time he comes over, you got a look in your eyes, one of fear and hate. Did you escape from his farm? Are you a Stray of his livestock? I could get fined if it turns out that you are. Then I'd owe him Studding Fees, if I was lucky."

"I wouldn't worry about that too much, as I was indeed born Wild and Free," said John. "However, my mother and I were caught on one of his Hunts, twenty years ago. Now, again, I wouldn't worry - the place wasn't Registered, from what I can remember, so we weren't placed on Official Records. If Marcus did try to take you to court for stealing me, he'd have to admit to running an illegal facility, and thus lying on his tax records. My mother was quickly hooked up and braindead. As for me, my father managed to break in, save me before I lost my sense of self, and he told me to run. During my escape, the place caught on fire. I was the only one that made it out."

"What about Marcus?" Robert asked.

"The next day, while I was still recovering, I saw him at the site," said John. "He didn't look too happy. Seems my father cost him over a million dollars, and that was just in the Black Market meat value of the livestock that could no longer be sold, as they'd been burnt to ashes. Later on, I made a promise, that if I ever got the chance, I'd kill him, that or cause his death by other means."

"And the Wrangler herd name?" Robert asked.

"The Elder took me in, raised me, groomed me to eventually take over, and I became his daughter's mate," said John. "Bella understood my pain, and was able to help me get through it. Then, we found that she was expecting. Until I was twenty-five, I could put it all behind me. But then you decided to hunt my herd, to get a mature male specimen, so that you wouldn't need to pay Studding Fees, as your Prime Buck was getting past his Prime breeding capabilities, and Argyle was much too young to start breeding. Of course, that bear decided to hunt as well, and you remember how that turned out."

Robert nodded. "I still have nightmares. You could have let me die that day. But, you saved me, breaking your leg in the process. I decided to claim you, because you weren't going anywhere, and aside from your leg, you were in decent enough condition. I was there every day as you healed, and figured out how to walk again, just as my own ribs healed, and I had to practice walking again. I've always wondered this though - Why?"

John shrugged his shoulders. "Guess it doesn't matter, for you've brought me close to Marcus. You'd best tell him to not come back uninvited. Tell him that you know that his men messed with the fence. Because if he ever comes back, I will kill him."

Robert looked him in the eyes. "I think I understand."

"Good, because, unless Julia got pregnant the day before you caught me, and had minor pregnancy issues, Billy was born twelve months after you captured me," said John. "Keep that in mind if you ever think of making me a Meal."

"I'll keep that in mind," said Robert.

"I'm glad you understand," said John.

"Well, given that this seems to be a stressful issue, what do you want to do to de-stress?" Robert asked.

"I'm glad that you asked, Master," John said, with a smile. "Let's go someplace more, Private, like the Shed."

Robert grinned. "A nice massage, Belly Bath, regular bath with me washing you, or do you want to breed a female that's fertile?"

John placed his arms around Robert, and kissed his lips. "It's all good to me, Master."

Robert licked the human's face. "Good to know."
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BIG BAD WOLF Happy July 4th! (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2270224-Wolfe-Family-Farm/cid/3216949-John-Wrangler