*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Lore Foundation
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2314640-Obese-Effect/cid/FC3JCVPWY-Lore-Foundation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2314640
An alternate Mass Effect Reality where obesity is the standard of beauty.
Chapter #1

Lore Foundation

    by: Unorthodox
The Asari are an all-female race with very long lifespans. Usually around 1,000 years, and they are all capable of using biotics. Theirs is the oldest extant civilization in the Milky Way Galaxy, they were the first to find the Citadel, they were the ones who founded the council after making Contact with the Salarians, and they have been the gold standard for diplomacy ever since.

However, there is one caveat to these Asari that make them different from the other races. They're fat. In fact, obesity is the norm among Asari society, it is also their standard of beauty, and prestige. Nobody really knows exactly how this came to be, but the consensus among the anthropologists of other species is that something went wrong with the translation when Athame taught them either the basics of agriculture, or something in the sanctity of pregnancy/motherhood.

But regardless of whatever the reason may be, among the Asari, one's status equates to one's level of obesity. The fatter a particular Asari is, the higher her status. The skinniest members of Asari society are typically the very young, and the destitute. Or those who need to travel frequently, and those who serve in more action-oriented careers such as their huntress/commando military units, police forces, or the justicars. There's also the occasional criminal or pirate, but even the Asari who lead these despicable outcasts of their society will often get quite fat in order to assert dominance over their Asari underlings. And then there's the dreaded Ardat-Yakshi, the rare defects who fry their victim's nervous system upon mating with them, in this reality they are regarded as demons of both gluttony and destruction rather than strictly the later.

As for other species, it took a long time, but the Asari now recognize that obesity is in fact not the norm for other species. Still, a fat female is the most likely one to gain their approval in romance, or negotiations. As such the obesity rate among the females of other species tend to skyrocket following first contact with the Asari. The most prominent examples of this phenomenon occurred to Humanity, the Turians, and the Quarians. Prior to their exile from Rannoch by the rebellion of the hands of the Geth.

In the case of the Turians, there is the occasional fat male among them, this mostly occurs whenever said Turian is in a relationship with an Asari, or wishes to be in a relationship with one. Often at the cost of sacrificing one's military career, if of a low rank that is still expected to regularly perform on the front lines. But feederism is the norm of whatever relationship an Asari is in regardless if she is the gainer, or the feeder.

Occasionally a feederism relationship crops up where neither partner is an Asari, such relationships form due to the fat fetish nature of the Asari's culture being so widespread as to be nurtured in other species, or in the case of Humanity, flourish what was already extant prior to contact.

You are one of 4 people in either the Milky Way Galaxy if a Shepard, or the Andromeda Galaxy if a Ryder, option 5 is for NPC romances such as Tali & Garrus or Jaal & Peebee, or other examples that can be thought of.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Unorthodox (UN: unorthodox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Unorthodox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2314640-Obese-Effect/cid/FC3JCVPWY-Lore-Foundation