*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Going to Caelum University
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2316873-Magical-Mishaps/cid/MS999PSZQ-Going-to-Caelum-University
by _H_
Rated: GC · Interactive · Erotica · #2316873
A Gnome's tiny adventure in a magical, giant college. Based off the game by JJ-Psychotic!
Chapter #1

Going to Caelum University

    by: _H_
“Come on, you don’t really want to go there, do you?”

Just a few minutes before you were supposed to leave, your father pestered you about not attending the university.

“C’mon Dad, this is like the 10th time now. You might be content with staying in this village for the rest of your life and doing nothing, but this is the chance of a lifetime for me!”

Your father sighed. He clearly did want the best for you, but he wasn't sure if this was the best way to go about doing it.

“It’s not that I don’t want you to learn magic, it’s incredible that you got an invite! But… you know how dangerous giants can be. One false step and…!”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. They have stuff in place to prevent things like that! I think they do anyway…”

Your father visibly hesitated a bit but relented. He stepped to the side, revealing the purple magic portal that was inviting you to your new life.

“Alright, go ahead. Just… be careful, alright?”

You gave a quick thumbs up to him, before running into the purple university-sanctioned portal. It was a bit of a weird experience, almost like running through a thin wall of water and ending up in nothing. You expected to land on a floor or a new area, but around you was just a black void.

“Uh, hello?”

You called out, hoping something hadn’t gone wrong with your very first trip outside the village. Was this a test?

Suddenly, a figure around the same size as you popped in front of you. He was formally dressed in a suit and looked demonic in nature.

“Welcome new student, congratulations on your entry to the Caelum new blood program. Please sign this waiver acknowledging that although we strive for the best, the university is not responsible for any damages that may occur to your person or property.”

He spoke with a very unenthusiastic tone, making it clear you weren’t the first gnome he’d given this speech to. A contract magically appeared in his hand, as well as a pen in yours. You assumed this was just for legal reasons, in case a Gnome tripped while walking or something. Eager to just go to the university, you quickly sign the contract without reading any of the small print. Probably nothing important. As soon as you finish signing your name, both the pen and contract disappear in a puff of dust.

“Thank you, sir. As part of the new blood program, you are entitled to housing that accommodates your size, as well as a basic self-defense weapon.”

He hands you a pamphlet and a slightly sharpened wooden sword. The latter part was a little strange for a student to have. But then again, you wouldn’t know what kind of things the big folk get up to.

“Um, could I know what the sword is for?”

“Do not worry, it is simply to fight off any potential critters you may encounter. The university has a small goblin infestation, and we believe we should give you a method of defense in the rare case that a goblin may harass you. However, part of the new education program covers both defensive and offensive spells, so it will not be necessary for long.”

It was a lot to take in, but the way he described it made it seem like a non-issue. Back in your village, you dealt with the occasional giant bug, so this shouldn't be too big of an issue.

“Once again, welcome to Caelum University. For your convenience, you will be transported directly into your dorm room a few moments after I finish talking.”

You stared at him for a few seconds, before you were engulfed by light and placed on the ground once more. Looking around, you found yourself inside a small bedroom. It was rather basic, having just a bed, dresser, and desk. There was also a door leading to your own personal bathroom. Even though it was smaller than your previous room, it made you feel a lot more independent. You were in university!

You got your class timetable the day before, and classes were set to start in around 1 hour. Admittedly, not a whole lot of time to get used to things, but it was only the first day. Checking out the pamphlet that the earlier guy gave you, it contained some useful tips for new tiny students. Apparently, right outside your door would be the hallway, as the school had to haphazardly throw together some new dorms for those of a tiny race. Guess they decided to just stick them like little boxes inside the wall. Additionally, there was a marked-off area in the hallways and classrooms that tiny students would walk along. Seemed simple enough.

“Well, guess I’ll get to class.”

You opened up your door, revealing the gigantic new world that awaited you. Just outside lay a massive school hallway, though not many giant students were in the hall. However, you did spot a few equally tiny students passing by, all looking wildly different than the next.

“Well, I guess it would take the Giants a lot less time to get to class than it would us.”

With that, you decided to take your first step outside. You stepped onto a part of the hallway marked red, which hugged the wall in both directions. Just as you took in the sights, an extremely loud bell rang out from above you. You weren’t too sure what it meant, but suddenly a few tiny students in the walkway began walking much more quickly. You looked around, wondering what was going on, before the ground beneath your feet began to shake.

Suddenly, a giant student turned the corner, her massive form walking down the open hallway next to you. With that, more giant students followed. They were bigger than you ever could have imagined! You could barely even make out most of their faces with how height up their heads were. However, it was intimidating as it was amazing.

THOOM

You watched the sole of a giant shoe land just a few meters away from you, creating a thunderous impact and nearly knocking you over. But the owner of the shoe hadn't even noticed your tiny form, and continued on her way. You now realize why those other tiny students were rushing away. But, surely you’d be safe on the pathway, right?

Pushing the thought out of your mind, you decide to continue onwards along the path.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 _H_ (UN: dogma12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
_H_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2316873-Magical-Mishaps/cid/MS999PSZQ-Going-to-Caelum-University