*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Peter kidnaps the children
  2. Enter Peter
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/667160-The-Magicalest-Place/cid/2286969-Peter-kidnaps-the-children
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #667160
What if the Walt Disney animated characters were real and lived in Florida.
This choice: Peter kidnapps the children  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Peter kidnaps the children

    by: Dragon is hiding
An uneventful week passed, and Wendy handed over Peter's first paycheck. "Thank you, M'am." Peter tipped his hat to the children's mother.
"I suppose I misjudged you." Wendy smiled at the redhead. "Brooke and Michael have nothing but raving reviews about you. Thank you for looking after the kids."
Peter returned the smile. "No worries, Miss. I enjoy it. They're a pleasure to look after. Angels, even."
"Well, I'm glad to hear it. Actually, Peter, I need to go to a business conference tomorrow night. I was wondering if you'd be able to look after them overnight."
"Yeah, sure, of course." Peter beamed. "I'd love to."
"Thank you so much." Wendy shook her head. "I know this was last minute and all, so I really appreciate it."
"Of course, Ms. Dearly. It's no problem, at all. Absolutely no problem."
The following night, Ms. Dearly gathered her children for a talk. "Now, follow Peter's instructions, okay, children? He will look after you tonight and tomorrow night, and I'll come back the morning after."
Brooke squeezed her mother. "I'll miss you, Mommy!"
"I'll miss you, too." Ms. Dearly hugged her son as well. "Behave, okay?"
"Yes, Mother." Michael rolled his eyes.
Peter rested an arm on each child as Ms. Dearly left. "Bye! We'll see you in two days!" He shut the door. "You ready for some fun? I'm going to teach you two how to fly!"
"Flying's impossible." Michael frowned.
"It is if that's how you think." Peter replied. "Just you wait until we get back to your bedroom. You'll see."
"This will be fun!" Brooke exclaimed. "I wanna fly, just like a fairy."
"That won't be too hard." Peter grinned. "Now, close your eyes," he instructed. "You, too, Michael."
The older boy sighed and closed his eyes.
"Now repeat after me: 'I believe I can fly.'"
"I believe I can fly," Brooke murmured.
"I believe I can fly." Michael repeated in a deadpan.
"Keep saying it," Peter encouraged, "'I believe I can fly.'"
"I believe I can fly," Brooke repeated. "I believe I can fly." She felt her body lighten up. "I believe I can fly!" She squealed as she felt her body rise. "I'm flying, I'm flying!"
"I believe I can fly," Michael tried again, a little more enthusiastically once he heard his sister's excitement. He thought about the many things he could do as a flying boy, and as he repeated the five words, he felt his body rise up, following his sister's example.
"Now, open your eyes."
The bedroom looked rather different from the ceiling, Michael observed. Brooke seemed too involved with her flying to notice the difference.
"Now, follow my lead." Peter opened the bedroom window, and checking outside to make sure nobody was watching, soared into the sky.
"Whoa! We can fly in the sky?" Brooke gasped.
"Just don't tell your mother." Peter winked. "It'll be our little secret."
With that, he flew off into the night sky, with Brooke and Michael trailing close behind him.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The trio is seen

*Noteb*
2. Off to Disney World!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Dragon is hiding (UN: flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
disneyfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/667160-The-Magicalest-Place/cid/2286969-Peter-kidnaps-the-children