*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Helping out grandpa.
  2. Presenting the ring...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/912075-The-Ultimate-Fat-Kid-Fantasy/cid/227182-Helping-out-grandpa
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Fantasy · #912075
A magic ring allows Adam to fulfill his dreams of super-fatness Add, I need more chapters!
This choice: The Funeral.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Helping out grandpa.

    by: Shangas
Three days later, Old Mrs. Sandler dies. Adam gets a week off school to attend the funeral. The church is an old one. It's white weatherboard with old, plate-glass windows. The pulpit is of an older style and in the corner, sits the church-organ.

Adam sits in a pew near the back of the church. He'd gained a bit from the ring, and now weighed 180. He looked a little more 'solid'. His arms and legs were thicker and he had the slightest hint of a double-chin. The chaplin spoke.

"All rise".

The pews creaked as everyone got up.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Elizabeth Sandler was a sweet lady, a nice lady..." the chaplin began.

"She made good cookies!" someone called out, and everyone laughed.

"...and we shall remember her in that light. Wife to Lawrence Sandler for some 55 years, she lived a life full of wonders, fun and purpose. A nurse during the war, she and her husband served our country proudly..."

Adam looked up and saw, two pews down, his grandfather, Lawrence. Grandpa Lawrence was always a lot of fun. Laughing, joking, tickling. A 'dirty old man' he used to say. He also had an abnormal fascination with guns. Adam wouldn't have been surprised if the old man was armed at that very moment.

But now the great man was crying. His wonderful, funny, playful, lecturing, candy-giving, play-fighting, pistol-shooting grandfather, was in tears. Adam gulped and remembered what his grandma told him. The ring would grant you any wish...

Adam thought.

Under his breath he said: "I wish for grandpa to be happy again".

Suddenly, the lid of the casket on the alter creaked open. Everyone gasped!! Old Elizabeth got out of the coffin and yawned.

"What's going o-" the old woman stopped. "Oh my! Oh, no, no, no!!"

The chaplin was at a loss for words. The district doctor came running down the aisle. He felt her heartbeat, her pulse and temperature.

"She's alive!" he announced.
"But how?" The chaplin gasped.
"These things happen. They're called 'near-death experiences'" said the doctor.

Adam looked up again, to see his grandpa, running down the aisle, he scooped up his ressurrected wife and hugged her like a rag-doll!

Everyone clapped and cheered. Adam smiled to himself. Another point for getting into heaven, he thought.

You have the following choices:

1. See what else the ring can do!

2. Back home, get fatter!

3. Go to the mall with Richard.

4. Become a giant and go rampaging!!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Shangas (UN: fruffles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shangas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/912075-The-Ultimate-Fat-Kid-Fantasy/cid/227182-Helping-out-grandpa