*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Something else
  2. A half-inch....
  3. Testing the Formula
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/827394-Something-else
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
This choice: Something else  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Something else

    by: Unknown
"MATT? YOU DOWN HERE?" A deep, thundering voice boomed overhead. Heavy footsteps pounded the wooden steps that led down to the basement. It was the voice of Matt's older brother, Shawn, who was home from college on break. Shawn and Shawn's friend, Trey, had just returned from playing basketball at the park nearby. Shawn was the jock of the family, tall and well-built. Trey was about the same size as Shawn, who was six foot-two and about 190-200 pound weight range. Shawn was 19, and Trey was probably about the same age. Both of the young men were still sweaty from their game, both wore sleeveless t-shirts. Shawn wore dark green basketball shorts, an oatmeal gray sleeveless tee, and a well-worn pair of high-top Nike 'Air Force Ones', which were white with gray. Trey wore a white tee, navy blue shorts, and a pair of low-cut 'Nike Shox' running shoes.

Shawn and Trey reached the basement and stopped. They looked around. Shawn saw a pile of Matt's clothes on the floor. "What kind of freaky @#$! is he into now?" Shawn snorted. "Hey MATT?? Dude, where are you?" Shawn's baritone voice called out. "There's no one in here, man." Trey said, still looking around the lab. The two 19 year old jocks stepped toward the pile of clothes, their sneakers bumped on the basement's concrete floor, oblivious to a strange little bug, trying to dodge their footfall. Shawn crouched and picked up Matt's jeans. He pulled the wallet out of the back pocket. "Dude, don't just take the money from him!" said Trey. Shawn opened the wallet and snatched out a $20 bill. "He ain't here to ask." Shawn wanted to borrow money from his brother. "Hell, the little dork owes me more that this! He's the one trying to borrow money from either me or mom and dad for his goofy science crap. In fact..." Shawn went ahead and took out another $10 bill, leaving Matt with just $6. Shawn dropped the jeans back on the floor. "Don't know what the kid does down here. Thought he was just a nerd, but hell, looks like he totally stripped naked. Man, I don't even WANNA know!" Shawn continued, as he put the money into his own wallet.

Shawn then stepped over to the work table, where Matt had all of his lab material scattered. Shawn began to snoop, flipping notebooks. Trey stepped over to an old phonograph, the one with the big horn for a speaker. "Man, this is older than hell. Where did he get this?" Trey asked. "Dunno. Some yard sale. He's a nerd. He collects things like that. Uses the parts for his geeky projects I guess." As Shawn finished flipping through the notebook, his hand bumped a jar of iron fillings. It fell from the table and broke on the floor with a loud crash. "Aw @#$%!" exclaimed Shawn.

"Nice move!" Trey said sarcastically, chuckling. "Shut up!" smiled Shawn, punching Trey in the arm hard, but in a good natured sort of way. Trey pushed back, and the two young men wrestled around for a bit, not paying much attention to the 1/2 inch tall creature, so close to their colossal shoes. After the young men were down horsing around, Shawn walked around the basement, looking for a broom and dustpan. He found one. Shawn then kicked aside Matt's clothes and was about to sweep up the iron filings and broken glass, scattered everywhere...

You have the following choices:

1. Matt tries to avoid getting swept up

2. Matt tries to avoid getting swept up -- another version

3. Something else

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/827394-Something-else