*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/827395-Matt-tries-to-avoid-getting-swept-up
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
This choice: Matt tries to avoid getting swept up  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Matt tries to avoid getting swept up

    by: Unknown
The voice of his older brother, Shawn, thundered across the basement. Matt covered his ears. He felt tremors...these tremor shook more and more, until Matt was nearly knocked over. Two colossal pairs of feet stomped down the steps and across the concrete floor. The sneaker soles of the giants bumped along the floor, dull and heavily. Soon, the terrified Matt was looking up the toe of his brother's colossal Nike 'Air Force One' high top. The sole alone was twice as tall as Matt was! To Matt, Shawn and Trey towered like skyscrappers hundreds of feet tall. "SHAWN!! SHAWN!!! TREY!!! DOWN HERE!" Matt cried frantically, he ran up to his brother's sneaker sole and banged on it. But it was no use. Poor Matt was far too small to be heard or seen. Just then, the shoe lifted, as Matt was thrown back. Matt saw his brother crouch down and grab his clothes. And Matt saw Shawn grab Matt's wallet and swipe the money. "HEY!! HEY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? DON'T STEAL MY MONEY, YOU JERK!!" he ran toward his brother, but then stopped cold. He slapped himself in the head, "Stupid! What can I do. Like I can stop him. I don't think I could stop him if I were my NORMAL size!" Matt was frantic...he can't believe he got himself into this.

Matt saw his brother and Trey snoop around his lab, his sanctuary! "STOP IT! YOU GUYS, STOP. GO AWAY!" Matt whined. Matt sat down on a pencil that was lying on the floor. He had tears. Matt knew he couldn't live in the world at this size for long. He had never been so scared in his life. Suddenly, a loud BANG!! Matt was knocked clean off of the pencil and thrown back on the floor. The force of the jar of iron filings falling knocked the tiny teenager off his bearing. He laid flat on the floor on covered his head. Thank God none of the gigantic shards of glass landed on him. Several iron filings covered him, but they were light weight. "Oh @@#@$%!" exclaimed Matt. "My stupid brother is going to wreck my whole lab!" Still worse, Shawn and Trey were wrestling around. Trey's massive Nike running shoe nearly stomped poor Matt. Matt began to run for cover. "Those big @#$%^ idiots are going to stomp on me yet! It's like Gozilla and King Kong going at it!!" Matt yelled.

To Matt horror, a massive object cut off his path. He looked up...it was the biggest broom he had ever seem!! The bristles towered several stories! And the broom was coming toward him. There was no way he could outrun it. The massive broom caught Matt up among the iron filing, glass, and other debris on the floor. Matt hung onto the bristles for dear life. Meanwhile, Shawn swept up the mess into a pile. Then, Shawn grabbed the dustpan and brushed the pile onto the dustpan. Meanwhile, Matt's strength was waning. He couldn't hold on any long. He let go, and fell right into the debris that was swept into the dust pan, just as Shawn set the broom aside and picked up the dustpan. The trash can in the basement was heaping full, so Shawn carried the full dustpan upstairs to the kitchen trashcan. Shawn and Trey climbed the steps and into the kitchen. Shawn stepped on the pedal that opened the trash can lid. The tiny teen in the debris was horrified. He tried crying out: "SHAWN!! I'M DOWN HERE! DONT' THROW ME AWAY!!" But it was useless. The half-inch tall teen was now soiled and totally blended in with the iron and dirt in the pan. In fact, if anything, his soiled-dark color made him look more like a bug and a tiny human.

Matt felt everything slide at a steep angle..."AHHHH!!!" cried Matt, as he landed in the almost-full trash can. Fortunately, a balled up wad of paper towel broke his fall. The last sight Matt saw was his brother's face. His brother spit out a wad of gum, and then, everything around Matt went black as the lid slammed shut. Matt lay still for a moment. As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he got up and tried to find a way out. He overheard his brother outside say something about taking the trash out. Matt stumbled around in the dark. Suddenly he tripped over something and landed in something warm, wet, and extremely sticky. Mat knew what it was...it was Shawn's gum. Matt swore and he tried to free himself...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Shawn takes out the trash

*Noteb*
2. Matt finds a way out of the trash can

3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/827395-Matt-tries-to-avoid-getting-swept-up