*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/845982-No-Escape-from-the-Broom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
This choice: Matt tries to avoid getting swept up -- another version  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

No Escape from the Broom

    by: Caprino
As tiny Matt faced the huge bristles in the oncoming broom, he flashed back to how he had ended up in such a predicament.

First, his situation had gone from very bad to very, very bad with the arrival of his older brother, Shawn, and his brother's fellow jock, Trey.

For the puny teen, finding himself on the floor at the massive sneakers of these mighty titans was an unexpectedly nightmarish situation.

At first, failing to recognize his peril, Matt rushed toward the basement stairs, screaming his brother's name at the top of his voice. "Shawn! Help me! Please, look down!" Matt implored. "I'm here! On the floor!"

Then, Shawn's well-worn pair of high-top Nike Air Force Ones hit the basement floor as he stepped off the bottom step. For little Matt, the result was worse than any earthquake. The impact of a simple footfall knocked him off his feet and flat on his butt. Before the insect-sized youth could get back on his feet, Trey's low-cut Nike Shox running shoes landed on the basement floor and triggered a second massive aftershock.

The two giants continued to stomp through the lab, and they also found Matt's discarded clothing. As the half-inch tall guy watched, they pawed through his belongings, even stealing money from his wallet.

Terrified of getting stomped, however, Matt could do little more than try to avoid the gigantic sneakers. He thought the worst was over when one of the titans knocked the jar of iron fillings off the desk.

A fraction closer, the impact would have obliterated the tiny man. As it was, Matt was so frightened by the close call that he could barely move.

Then, the shrunken teen saw something that gave him the motivation to move.

His towering brother had grabbed a huge broom. "I BETTER SWEEP THIS %^&* OFF THE FLOOR, OR I WILL CATCH IT FROM MY NERD BROTHER!"

The bristles swooshed across the floor, sweeping everything, the iron fillings, shards of glass and one unseen tiny teen, into a tidy pile.

Trey helped out his buddy by grabbing a dust pan and holding it on the floor.

Shawn swept the mess onto the dust pan, which Trey lifted."WHERE'S YOUR TRASH CAN, MAN?"

Unnoticed, tiny Matt tried to climb through the piles of debris. He waved his hands over his head and screamed. "No! Shawn! Please, I'm here! Don't toss me out with the garbage!"

Shawn answered in a booming voice. "TOSS IT INTO THE GARBAGE CAN..."

You have the following choices:

1. Garbage can outside on the porch

*Noteb*
2. Garbage can upstairs in the kitchen

*Noteb*
3. Garbage can next to the nerd's desk

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Caprino (UN: caprino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/845982-No-Escape-from-the-Broom