*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1058754-New-Life-Prophecy--the-Armavan-race
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1058754
The human race ends on a distant world--a new creation, a new race
Possible prequel for "Alien Bond: Spring of Life

In the year 5550 A.D. on the planet Armava the judgment at the Great White Throne of YAHveh was rapidly approaching; only sixteen more years of the Millennial reign of Christ.

An angel appeared to a petite young woman, a virgin named Sylvia. She knew of the prophecies that have been foretold, that a new race would emerge as the humans are taken up for judgment. Gabriel came to her in the cavern where she was hiding. She bowed down at his feet, but he took her hand and lifted her to her feet.

"I am an angel. Do not bow to me." His flowing white robe and golden adornment were bright compared to this dark hiding place, which she was used to. Others knew she was different and would try to kill her if she went to the surface, out into the sun. His eyes were like that sun, and he held a sword in his hand that reflected the remnant of light that made it down to her.

"Do not fear, child. You are blessed among women. You will carry children in your womb who are not from a man, but from the Holy Spirit. There will be others, but you are the first. These children will not have your blood, and will survive beyond the Great Judgment. When you give birth to them, you will be taken up into the third heaven, and there will be much rejoicing over this new life." He held out the sword. "This is for the prophets to protect the children. You will find more diamond in the ground and more of these swords will be made. None of the evil one's weapons will compare to it. Take it and show the prophets; they will know what to do."

As soon as Sylvia took the sword in her hand, Gabriel disappeared. She hurried to Doranti, the man she was to marry and told him what the angel said. Doranti was a descendant of prophets for five generations, so he knew the stories.

He cried and laughed all at once. "My bride will give life to the new race, the one my ancestors have prophesied about for centuries. No one believed them, but it is true." He clapped his hands and jumped. Then, he took the sword from Sylvia and took her in his arms. Whispering in her ear, he said,"God has seen your humility and obedience. He has shined a light on you amidst this darkness."

She took in a deep breath and pulled away from him. Her dark black hair shined blue against the reflection of the sword. She concentrated on its light as she leaned against a large, cold boulder. She rested her hand on her belly and squinted her eyes.

"Are you okay? Are you in pain?" Doranti asked. His gray-green eyes grew wide as he came near her and kneeled before her.

"Strangely enough, no. I feel spasms as if they were electric shocks of a lesser voltage. Tell me what you feel."

He placed his hand on her belly. He could feel the vibrations she spoke of. "The children; they are being knit in your womb as we speak." He smiled. "Don't worry, my love, you will be guarded closely. We need to get you to someplace safer than this." He led her out into the sunlight and toward the small church which stood, all else rubble to the left and to the right. He hugged her face into his chest, as to not hurt her eyes with the glare of light she hadn't seen for ten years. He held the sword down at his other side.

A gray-haired man wearing a long-sleeve shirt and denim pants covered with black soot walked toward them, his crystal blue eyes looking through them. He held up a laser gun, pointing it at Sylvia. "She can't live. The prophecy will not come to pass. You are all liars," he said, his voice quivering with ice cold anger.

Sylvia did not even look at the stranger because Doranti was at her side. She closed her eyes and smiled because she felt warm and safe nestled in his chest.

Doranti brought the sword up into the path of the red laser, and looked away. He could see the glimmer of light in his peripheral vision. A buzz like that of a bee accompanied by the smell of burnt metal.

The gun clattered to the ground.

"My eyes, their burning! The light! I'm blind!" the old man screamed.

Doranti looked down at Sylvia, who didn't utter a word, but nestled in closer. He looked at the old man.

He had his hands over his eyes, still wailing as he staggered off into the distance.

Doranti looked down at the gun. It's burnt end indicated that the sword had short-circuited the inferior weapon. He held it at his side again, and looked at the blade's shimmering surface. "I didn't even have to kill him to stop him. The light took care of him. Come on, Sylvia, we're going to the church, where you will be safe." He felt the soft nod of her head against him as they walked to the church and inside the cool interior of its brick walls.

More to come soon.

Meet the Armavan Sylvia, named after her human ancestor, over 1000 years later.
 Spring of Life--Character Sketch  (ASR)
Meet Sylvia, equivalent to Moses the prophet on her world, but on Earth, hidden, for now.
#905373 by Beth Barnett






© Copyright 2006 Beth Barnett (angellove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1058754-New-Life-Prophecy--the-Armavan-race