*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322428-Feedback-to-American-Express
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Non-fiction · Finance · #2322428
Tried to pay my bill. The "fast, safe, & easy" technology system prohibits me from that
Christina was very helpful and explained all the options available to pay my bill; however, I think it's utterly ridiculous that I couldn't pay my bill by sending a money order or something. You won't accept payments in US funds and my bank is located in the USA. Even if I had an account in Cdn dollars, I still can't pay my bill through my bank as my bank account isn't set up to do wire transfers. I would have to pay big service fees monthly if I wanted to do that and I can't afford that, nor should I have to pay monthly fees anyhow for a bank to hold my money, invest my money into whatever they want, and then make money off of it. Doesn't make sense, eh? Oh, and if they happen to fuck up and go bankrupt or lose money, they just get bailed out anyways so why do they need to nickel and dime us with stupid fees anyhow?

Also, Technology has not made anything easier in the bankng world. It has only made things more complicated and totally impersonal. And everything is limited to the program parameters which often cannot be circumvented to tailor things to individual needs Banks and credit cards advertise that you want to help us as individuals, but you treat us like clones and we have to fit in predefined categories to even be eligible for most of the "perks" and benefits.

Your technology and safety crap has only inconvenienced customers and encouraged criminals to "get smarter" and engage in online theft. Our money is no safer from theives now than when we all carried cash around and interacted with human beings at the bank. All.our personal info, all of our online info (including the bank's info) and all of our privacy has been eradicated in the name of "safety". And we are less safe than ever while we continue to lose our freedoms.

And the powers that be keep building the cages around us. How long until we have no freedom at all in the name of "safety"?
© Copyright 2024 Crystal Dragon (chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322428-Feedback-to-American-Express