*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327346-Dancing-Colors
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2327346
Teta and Kaia complete a fall project.
Christmas might be the most wonderful time for others, but not for Kaia and me. We couldn't wait to discover what the next cool breeze of autumn air would bring us.

Kaia raced to the maple tree as the wind kicked up, spinning around the colorful leaves falling from the sky.

"Which ones do you want?" I asked.

She placed her forefinger on her small lips. "Hmmm, I want these, Teta," she said, scooping up a handful of red, orange, and green leaves.

"Okay, let's go make some magic."

They rolled out two pieces of wax paper, turned the iron on, and Kaia arranged the assortment of leaves on the paper. Teta added the top layer, placed a thin cloth over the wax paper, and ran the hot iron back and forth.

"Are you sure there will be magic, Teta?"

Teta smiled, "Oh, yes. In just a minute, you will see your creation. When we hang it in the window, and the sun hits it, the shapes and colors of the leaves will be like a kaleidoscope of colors dancing in the living room."

Kaia laughed, "Teta, colors can't dance."

Removing the iron and the towel, she looked at her granddaughter. "That's the magic."

Kaia followed her Teta to the big picture window and watched as she hung the paper on the glass.

Turning to Kais, she said. "Are you ready?"

Kaia's big brown eyes grew as she waited.

Teta took her hand and led her back a few feet from the window. Then, taking her by the hand, she spun Kaia in a circle as the sun hit the page. The colors streamed through the glass, reflecting off the highly polished wooden floor.

"What do you see?" Teta asked.

Kaia squealed, "Dancing colors, Teta!"


WC: 295

Written for "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge

Prompt: leaves, sky, cool
© Copyright 2024 Purple Wishing WDC Happy 24th (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327346-Dancing-Colors