*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327390-Letting-Friends-In-On-The-Deal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #2327390
Two friends try to get into a gang. 300 words
Letting Friends In On The Deal.


“Aww, come on Terry! We’ve been friends since before we were born,” insisted Harry in his left ear.

“That may be, but I’m in the big leagues. It’d be more dangerous now,” Terry mouthed in the ear of his old friend.

Harry mocked zipping his lip.

Terry stared then nodded.

“When you get your part in heist, come back and tell me”

They parted and went into the abandoned tenement house up the street. Harry was a bit nervous, but he hid it well.

After about an hour, in separate rooms of the house, the two men met back outside.

“Well...” Terry asked when he saw him again.

“I’m the lookout man,” Harry explained quickly.

“Where have they posted you?” Terry asked.

Harry cocked his thumb to indicate behind Terry’s back.

“What?” Terry said loudly,

“I’m supposed to keep an eye on your back,” Harry said.

“Why?” Terry said.

“Lavon said he didn’t trust you. So, he wanted me to watch you.”

Several shots rang out! The last one took off Terry’s left earlobe in a splatter of blood.

“I’m going to regret this. Here staunch the blood and run for your life!” Harry told Terry as he pushed him into a run.

Harry turned on his heel and began firing an AK47 he’d found someplace. The last time he saw Terry, he was leaving the scene as police sirens began sounding. Throwing the weapon into the nearest bushes, Harry began to run toward the outside of town. He was leaning on his knees huffing and puffing when Terry appeared and helped him into a hot rod that belonged to his big brother.

“Let’s gun it, “Terry yelled. In a cloud of dust, the two friends were gone.


300 WORDS DAILY FLASH 9/23/2024
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327390-Letting-Friends-In-On-The-Deal