*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001565-INSURRECTION
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1001565 added January 7, 2021 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
INSURRECTION
Are y'all familiar with the word insurrection?

noun: organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another.


If Trump refuses to denounce these people who stormed the Capitol today then he needs to resign, be removed by the 25th Amendment or impeached. It's gone beyond censure or charges of sedition.

For:
GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman
Prompt: "What were you feelings on today's chaos or attempted coo at the Capital Building in DC?" [note: love the typo, Lyn]

I responded to Annette :

I was watching ABC because of the Georgia elections, hoping for a .5% magin for Ossoff... and then...

Interesting to watch Congress convene and people marching... and then...

It got more interesting and dangerous... and then...

I went grocery-shopping when it was under control. I guess every 200 years... 1814... and then...

Biden isn't a drama-llama. I expect my nerves to calm down.

There are fellow writers here like Charlie ~ who have shared how upset they are. I shared with Paul and Lilli 🧿 ☕ that I'm not happy with the lack of engagement with issues here at WDC or how on Basefuuk there is a lack of dialogue.

I responded at QOTD to how do I feel:

"For me the trauma once triggered reverberates for awhile. I don't think January 20th means I'll feel okay.

So how am I feeling today, Paul, Lilli, others? I've been angry for 4 years... I'm still angry with the Lord of Chaos.

And yes... I'm also angry at writers here who feel they can ignore a reality that affects everyone around them. Perhaps they share their concerns in other ways in other places. This may be their 'safe place', a dreamworld of puppies and kitties and alien unicorns.

I see very little mention of the Insurrection of '21 in the newsfeed, the blogs, a.n.y.w.h.e.r.e. Bacefook is a bit spooky as well. Folks are either staying away or fearful of engaging each other in conversation. This does not bode well as conversation is key to getting through this. Folks here can't even respond to my blog posts over the years explaining why I'm so upset.

Why bother? Answer me that!"

I even made a post in the WDC newsfeed... *crickets*

IRL people were shaken, upset or 'told-you-so'. But this town has never been a big supporter of things DJT.


Contrary to some of my left-wing friends I still think dialog is important. Doesn't matter how hard or how long, the lack of meaningful conversation about DJT and issues facing various Americans brought us to this moment. Attacking or mocking the messenger (DJT) wasn't helping when people refused to address his hateful, spiteful, anti-science, anti-fact ignorant messages. I still haven't been able to fully understand anti-maskers, anti #blacklivesmatter, anti-vaxxers (yes, there can be side effects; I get that) and anarchists any more than I understand uber-commercialism, party-hard-partying or total-disengagement.

I do understand anger. I have been angry for 4 years. I cried in 2016 because this type of insanity was foreseeable. But I'm not burning down the house.
3.546

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001565-INSURRECTION