*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002553-New-Member-of-My-Pack
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1002553 added January 21, 2021 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
New Member of My Pack
signature dancing owl *Tempcold*


What’s one thing you wanted to do in 2020 that you couldn’t do or didn’t get to do? Will you make it happen in 2021?



For the last couple years I have been wanting to add another dog to my animal pack. On December 24 we began negotiations to rehome a dog who was in desperate need of a permanent home. We is my daughter and I. Early on the 26th of December I picked up our new member of the pack. It is a neutered male. He is very well mannered. All of our other animals were welcoming. The cats have found a new buddy as well and my older dog is happy to have a dog friend.

We have started formal obedience training, although he is already well housebroken. It is something fun to do during these cold days. I was taking both dogs out for long walks until the snow started up this week. so, this week we are working on wait, down, sit, and stand. And, taking lots of naps while I read. Once a day I throw toys for a game of fetch down the length of the hall.

I miss having to go to the barn to clean stalls and feed horses even in this bad weather. I'm going to have to start a new exercise workout with silver sneakers on my phone. Dark clouds, cold, and snow storms always make me want to hibernate. New exercise projects might keep me alert until spring.

The snow isn't very deep. Only about 6 inches but too deep for my older dog who is only about 12 inches tall at the shoulder. Neither the dogs or I am very happy with the cold. It is down into the 20's at night and raises into the 30's during the day. My new dog friend is a whippet mix and has very short hair. He isn't fond of the cold weather either.

If the snow doesn't go away soon I think I will start taking them to the horse barn for outside walks. The inside of the barn has a lot of machinery parked in the walk trot area but, still enough room to walk dogs. It isn't to far to carry the older dog and he always likes to visit the barn. He used to go out to the barn morning and night for the chores.

K and I spent yesterday with the TV on all day watching the inauguration. I hope their efforts to encourage the country take hold.

Sending *Wave*to everyone. Keep warm.



.















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002553-New-Member-of-My-Pack