*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003145-B---Pool-of-Tears---1-Curiouser-and-Curiouser
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1003145 added January 29, 2021 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
B - Pool of Tears - #1 Curiouser and Curiouser

#1 "Curiouser and Curiouser"

Strange Happenings
The most curious things that ever happen to me seem to happen in cars. I was driving down the freeway when suddenly my windshield exploded. No warning. It just exploded. I had to pull over and figure this out. The car in front of me pulled over as well. Seems a piece of metal was on the highway, she ran over and got a flat tire. Then the metal flew through the air, hit my windshield, and shattered it. Where it went then I have no idea.

I was three hours from home, alone. Late afternoon. I had to call a wrecker and wait.

Then one time when my son was an infant, so this has to be over thirty years ago, I drove home in the dark and I don’t remember from where. Suddenly there was a gunshot. The side window of my VW bug shattered. We never did find out why that happened, where the gunshot came from or if they were aiming at me. I wasn’t injured physically but shaken up nonetheless.

Such weird things happen to me when I drive. It is a wonder I still have the courage to get in the car or take the wheel.

W/C 202



© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003145-B---Pool-of-Tears---1-Curiouser-and-Curiouser