*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003512-E-Pig-and-Pepper---3-We-are-All-Mad-Here
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1003512 added February 2, 2021 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
E. Pig and Pepper - #3 "We are All Mad Here"



Dreaming

It is snowing in July. The roses are blooming in January. The sun is shining at midnight. The moon is shining at noon. My dream is wonderful, I hate to wake.

I woke to find my dog walking on the treadmill. He waved a paw in greeting, then reset the pedometer on his leg. The cat sat on a chair nearby. She took the dog’s picture and posted it on Facebook.

Curious, I think. I start coffee. The toaster won’t take the bread.
“Not today,” it tells me. I keep trying, but it won’t toast. So I try the stove.

Fried eggs may work. My favorite skillet starts to heat, I break two eggs into the sizzling fat. Suddenly the gas shuts off and the eggs return to the broken shells. Very. Strange.

One more try for breakfast today. I try to get a yogurt. But the refrigerator grabs it. I can’t get it out.

I go for coffee. It should be finished brewing. When I pour my cup, I notice it seems a bit strong. What was that flavor? It was like bourbon shots inside an espresso latte. Not what I wanted, or expected.

The dog and cat seem to be done exercising. Dog stands with a towel around his neck, the cat has the phone in her mouth.

I think I will go back to bed and try to reenter my dream. I want to go where the roses bloom and the sun shines. Even if they are out of sync.

W/C 253



Queen Norma Jean *Crown*


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003512-E-Pig-and-Pepper---3-We-are-All-Mad-Here