*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004139-B-The-Garden-of-Live-Flowers---2-Mind-Your-Manners
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004139 added February 16, 2021 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
B. The Garden of Live Flowers - #2 "Mind Your Manners"



Etiquette, If You Please

Emily Post seems to have been forgotten a long time ago. Does anyone even remember that name?

https://emilypost.com/shop/books/emily-posts-etiquette-18th-edition

There used to be rules for everything. But I most miss the simple etiquette rules. Please and thank-you. Send a card. Acknowledge someone for what they have done.

Manners, it all goes back to manners. Be polite. Be kind. Do unto others what you would have them do unto you. The Golden Rule.

I have given gifts to people and never gotten an acknowledgment of their receipt. That bothers me. I would like to know that the gift reached the person or persons. I don’t care if you liked it, I just want to know you got it, that the gift wasn’t lost.

I think it all starts with children. The parents need to teach ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. They need to teach ‘Yes, sir’ and ‘No, ma’am’ to children as soon as they start talking. “Mother may I?” “Please, may I?” You shouldn’t be allowed to just do whatever you want to do without asking permission.

So I guess I wish we could all go back to a kinder, gentler time when people held open doors for you, you said ‘thank you very much’. You acknowledged a good deed. You helped others, even when you didn’t have to. You sent a thank-you card to someone for a nice thing they did.

In fact, when was the last time you sent a little card to someone by mail? I love getting cards in the mail. Little notes asking “How are you?” or “I thought of you today.” They are so much fun. And to get a card on your birthday or anniversary is ever so special.



W/C 296






Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004139-B-The-Garden-of-Live-Flowers---2-Mind-Your-Manners