*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004847-Promotion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1004847 added February 20, 2021 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Promotion
I finally finished the Wonderland Challenge. So now I think I am justified to be called Queen NormaJean II in honor of the second year's completion. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Things are warming up here in my part of Montana. The thermometer actually got above freezing today, the first time in over two weeks. That was some wicked cold spell we had. We had just frozen pipes going to the laundry, so no big catastrophe like you hear of in Texas. But then, we in Montana tend to have better insulation and precautions against cold and such.

I had an appointment with my neurosurgeon yesterday. This doctor did my original tumor removal and then the spinal fluid leak repair a few years ago. We agreed that yes, the MRI verified I still had a brain. Good to know. And we would meet again in 10 years, Good Lord willing and we were both still alive. I found that a bit amusing. He then tried to convince me to get the COVID vaccination, all kinds of scare talk about people that get brain problems with the virus and all. Hmmm. I politely told him, no, still not going to do it. Hubby and I have talked about this. We're not getting the vaccination. Yeah, I know. Don't preach the science to me. I know all about it. The answer is still no. I have lived this long, and if the good Lord sees fit to take me now, I say, 'Hallelujah!'

I have one more check that needs to get picked up from my non-profit fundraiser. This organization is a piece of work, let me tell you. I am more than annoyed at this point. The person in charge resigned, so no one is running the show now. I have a sizable donation to hand over but am not going to just walk it to them. I have told them twice about this money, and they never showed at the original meeting. They need to come and collect it. They are literally a block away from my house. So, if no one comes in a month, and I will tell them this in a month, the check will be voided and the money returned to the pool for the next year's donations. They will then be removed from the roster. Well, enough. I'm getting upset just typing this. They'll come around, I pray. I don't like being the bad guy.

Have fun, stay warm! Good thing February is a short month!

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004847-Promotion