*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004884-Working-From-Home
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1004884 added March 13, 2021 at 6:39pm
Restrictions: None
Working From Home
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois

Month of: February, 2021

         Well, due to my minor (some would say major) health issues, I've been 'grounded'.  What that means is, no traveling for me until late May.  That's fine really,  because I really need to pin down this cough I've had, and so far we've made  some good progress.  The classes I was scheduled to deliver in February have either been cancelled, or moved to another instructor if the class required travel.  So I've spent my time developing a Powerpoint slide show (I know, death by Powerpoint, most students hate it), for a subject few of my fellow instructors understand very well.  I've also sat in a class to learn about Domain Controller, and may end up delivering that later this year.

         I spent 2 days in the hospital the week of February 8th, and was put through a myriad of tests.  In less than a week's time, I had 4 CAT Scans done on various parts of my body, 3 Ultrasounds of my heart, carotid arteries, and legs.  One X-Ray of my right wrist because I hit on something when I fainted due to coughing at home one night.  It swelled to the size of a golf ball almost immediately, yet the swelling was gone in about 2 hours.  Then the bruising started, covering the back of my hand, my palm, and general wrist area.  All that aside, it is looking like I will have Sinus surgery to clear the ducts from the Maxillary Sinus's behind my cheeks.  The small ducts to/from that sinus cavity is completely blocked.  I will also have an endoscopy done to check my esophagus a CAT Scan showed it has thickened some.  I'm told it's most likely due to the violent cough, but we'll see what they find.  There's more to this, but so far, the doctors haven't found a something that really worries them.  I am fine really, I feel fine, and right now, my cough is gone.  The jury is out on that, because this has happened about once a month for the last 3-4 months, just like it did last year at this time.  Progress is being made though, however slow.

         My next class is the week of March 1st, and I will most likely teach every week of March.  I remain grateful that I have this wonderful job and have a management team who really looks out for you.


In Closing

         I am home this month as I said, and all of March and April, at least as of now.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!

© Copyright 2021 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004884-Working-From-Home