*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008919-Foo-Fighters-New-Album-Medicine-at-Midnight-Ranked-Opinion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2248783
Poetry, Blogging, Characters, Musical Opinions, just whatever
#1008919 added October 16, 2021 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
Foo Fighters New Album Medicine at Midnight Ranked [Opinion]
From Wikipedia:

"Medicine at Midnight is the tenth studio album by American rock band Foo Fighters."

The tracklisting is as follows:
"Making a Fire"
"Shame Shame"
"Cloudspotter"
"Waiting on a War"
"Medicine at Midnight"
"No Son of Mine"
"Holding Poison"
"Chasing Birds"
"Love Dies Young"
There, now you know. Here's my take on the album as a whole:

The album is different stylistically than what the Foo Fighters generally strive for, but it's still really pleasing to listen to. The energy is excellent, despite some of the songs being somewhat more mellow than usual. When the first single, "Shame Shame", came out before the album release, I was a bit iffy. It was an oddball of a song, but I decided to give it another chance. And it grew on me. The second release was "No Son Of Mine" was more rock-vibe and less different, so it fit in pretty easily with some of what the earlier albums had to offer. Then "Waiting on a War" came out. Holy Moly, did this song latch on to me. If you're reading this right now, and you happen to be sitting in America, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 2020 was wrought with...how to put this? Tension.

Here's the ranking.


9) Love Dies Young

Love Dies Young gets this ranking not because it's bad, but simply because everything else is better. It's got a nice beat, but the lyrics are slightly repetitive.

8)Medicine at Midnight

The opposite of Love Dies Young. The lyrics are great, but the music is sub-par for the band.

7)Holding Poison

I like Holding Poison fine, it's a bop. But this album is such a powerhouse it just gets edged out.

6) Cloudspotter

Cloudspotter features Dave Grohl's Daughter Violet on Background Vocals. I'm jealous. Anyways, same problem as the above ranking. Also, Grohl's pronunciation of gilloutine gillotine Head choppy thingy makes me cringe sometimes. Ah, guillotine. That's it.

5) No Son Of Mine

It's gritty, it's brutal, it's good. Should be listened to in moderation though.

4)Making a Fire

The Na Na's make me smile, I'm a sucker for Na Na's. That and the absolutely great lyrics and cohesiveness. Great song, would recommend.

3)Chasing Birds
A nice acoustic song to round out the mood, great lyrics, sung with great emotion.

2)Shame Shame

It's a funky dance song, easy to remember lyrics, and has great drumming. Easy Pick.

1) Waiting on a War

While I don't think this is musically the strongest song, the lyrics are heartfelt and wonderfully written. It's truly a great song.

© Copyright 2021 LorenIsOneOfMyNames (UN: ls144780 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LorenIsOneOfMyNames has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008919-Foo-Fighters-New-Album-Medicine-at-Midnight-Ranked-Opinion