*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008936-Rivers-and-Stuff
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1008936 added April 21, 2021 at 6:03pm
Restrictions: None
Rivers and Stuff
So as I mentioned in my earlier BLOG, we went over rivers to the wooded East.

Here are the ones I noted.
We crossed:
Yellowstone - twice
the mighty Missouri - four times
the Mississippi - two times
Lamine
Platte
Belle Fourche
Powder
Soldier
Nodaway
Nishnabona
Wabash
Tongue
Little Big Horn

A few other interesting tidbits - evidently you can find all you need, ladies. Just go to "perfectman.com". And in Iowa, the highway sign read "only the casserole should be baked - don't drive high'. All the truck weigh stations were closed, except in South Dakota. The St. Louis Arch is still standing guard. We saw an Amish horse and buggy parked in the WalMart lot in Mt.Vernon, OH. My granddaughter from California didn't think that was real. I made her walk with me to the horse to prove it was an actual live horse. Also in Mt. Vernon they have a dog fountain. Cutest thing ever. The Days Inn in Terre Haute, IN advertised themed suites. You could stay in the Arctic Suite, the Pirate Suite, or the Tarzan Suite. Hmm... Still thinking of those.

We drove east in snow and drove back west in snow. And I learned it snowed here at home. At least it's moisture. Spring will soon catch up to us. Maybe in June.


 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008936-Rivers-and-Stuff