*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011266-Shakespeare-in-the-Parks
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1011266 added June 3, 2021 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
Shakespeare in the Parks

Tonight on Montana PBS they have a show titled "Bard in the Backcountry". This is all about 'Montana Shakespeare in the Parks'. This free program travels Montana backroads during the summer. They are based in Montana State University in Bozeman, MT.

The PBS show goes backstage during rehearsals, costume fittings, learning how to do stage combat, and the feeling of the actors being in Montana for the first time. Some great shots of Makoshika State Park were a plus. They had to take down their set in a raging thunderstorm wind. The filming of this is wonderful. I love the shots of small towns, nature, and excited audience members.

Ten actors go from town to town performing Shakespeare outside in parks. They come every year to Roundup. (Except for last year. But then, lots of fun things didn't happen last year.) They bring their own stage and set it up every day.

The actors are housed in private homes, or sometimes motels when they travel. We feed them when they come to Roundup. I always volunteer to take some food. The actors are wonderful young people, they always put on a good show.

The show is paid with donations from the town, while the show is free for spectators. A wonderful cultural outreach that we just love.

"Someone in Montana thinks I'm the best actor in the world." Great line. I love theater, I love acting.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011266-Shakespeare-in-the-Parks