*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011945-Pre-Flight-Fun
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1011945 added June 28, 2021 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
Pre-Flight Fun



Tonight we are in Billings. Hubby had a medical appointment at the VA facility this morning. Then we did some shopping the rest of the day. I scheduled a hair appointment in the late afternoon. It was a full day.

One thing we found curious. This a big city in Montana. This is an old cowboy town. We wanted to get a bolo tie, you know the ones. Those string ties that come down to a clasp. Hubby wants to wear one when he goes back east with his cowboy hat and cowboy boots. Do you think we could find one? Let me tell you.

We went to a western boot store. No, go to the western clothing store around the corner and down the street. We went to the western clothing store. No, go to Deb's uniform store, she has them. We went to Deb's uniform store. No, I don't carry them, why did they send you here? Hmm. Our last choice was a ranch supply place. These people sell everything. And sure enough, they had those type of ties. Hurrah! Good thing we had the afternoon to aimlessly drive around searching.

So we are here in a hotel tonight. Hubby flies out tomorrow to go to Virginia in the morning. Big doings with his son and a big promotion at work. He was invited and by all means, you need to go, I told him. After I drop him off, I head to Colstrip for a Southeast Montana Tourism meeting. This one is the first one in over a year where we can all be together. No Zoom meeting anymore. Thank goodness.

We went to Outback for our lunch. The waiter tells us there is a digital menu on the table. Hmm. We don't use a cell phone. Now we already had. a paper menu, so I don't know why he mentioned it, but oh well. So we got to talking about this. If it is truly digital, why can't it be a hologram? Take us back into the kitchen, let us stand beside the chef, let us pick out the steak we want and watch it being grilled. Let us smell the steak cooking. Where is the technology for that? I think we're being cheated. I'm still upset that we don't have the flying cars like the Jetsons had.

Here in the lobby of the hotel, there is a group of four playing cards. Something just happened and one of them stalked off. Now they are trying to figure out what she was mad about and why she left.

'Should I go talk to her?'

'No, leave her alone ma. Call you tomorrow.'

'What did I do?'

'I think you're just tired. See ya' mom.'

And just like that, they all scattered. Dad in a motorized wheelchair scooted away, mom to her room, son outside, and the woman who left earlier in the elevator.

Must be a story there somewhere.

But there are stories everywhere. People watching is the most fun. And as writers, they are fodder for characters. And locations. Tonight our hotel is next to a hospital. We've used this hotel many times since I've been in St. Vincent Hospital several times. It is close to the airport, reasonably priced, and close to a wonderful neighborhood full of old homes and large trees. We walk the streets here every time. Even today, The temperature is 104°, but with a low humidity and a bit of a wind. Come to think of it, sort of like being in a convection oven.

Tomorrow promises to be a bit cooler. We can only hope. It is too early in the summer for this heat.








© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011945-Pre-Flight-Fun