*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012325-Meeting-goals
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1012325 added June 23, 2021 at 2:26am
Restrictions: None
Meeting goals
I have written over 20 serenades in the last month. I may be caught up.

I keep track of my writings by assigning catalog numbers. [year.###]

I start at my New Year (spring equinox).

I have a goal of 365/year or 90-100/season.

I just edited and posted [178.158]

I should be at 91.

I'm ahead.

That may be pertinent if I travel later this year. I miss days when I travel. I journal,take photos, visit with people... forget to write poems some days!

It happens. I've gone over 1,000 some years. Not this year! Last year [177] I did at least 370.

Not that this matters, but it's nice to feel like my writing's okay... when other aspects of my life aren't.

Noise outside my window. 72 degrees at 10:20. Hopefully not a hot miserable day.

Bacon! I scored bacon. And I bought a Mediterranean phrase book, faleminderit.

87 degrees at 3:40. A bit melty.

Father prompts (2 sentence max):

1. Father, forgive me. For hours I have tried cleaning up the blood you spilled to no avail.
2. No, he's not my son. I've been called a muthuh a few times but never Father.
3. He could father a nation if he could figure out how to father one child who'd live.
4. Sister, go get Father. Mother Thomas just chopped off her finger.
5. He whipped them every time they made a mistake. They never called him father.
6 Sonny and Sissy, Mommy and ... Father. No one dared call him Daddy or Dad.
7. It doesn't matter who they say your father was. Genghis Khan's blood runs strong in you.
8. Father McKenzie recited the rosary by the coffin. No one had come to the funeral.
9. Donald would be the founding father of a great dynasty... if he lived long enough.
10. Is it God or your father at the door! No mom, it's Don Corleone.
11. He mothered his sister and fathered his brother. Who would hold him through the night?
12. His seed was spread throughout the galaxy. He was father-of-millions.
13. "Heavenly Father, we beseech thee to show us a sign." The bomb explosion left only pieces of flesh.
14. "Why do you laugh?" "I fathered three sons, none of them as bold as Annie."
15. There were few fathers in the gang. Life as a member of the triad was short.

Naked without pearls. Margaret put on a basic black frock. It was wool for winter. "Hotel Ender" in July would be colder than January with the a/c on. The kebab would be sizzling. She put on her black gloves. Her white ones were still sulking in a bowl of Palmolive after they lost last night's struggle with a kosher hot dog. She looked well coifed in her wig. It was pure white. Better than her natural grey. She looked at her pink lips and smiled, remembering the ruby red smackers of her youth. Something was missing. Ah... her pearls. If she walked in without money, someone would surely pick up the tab. But she didn't dare go out her door without pearls. She chose the ones Alf had bought her in London... decades ago. She tried to remember his face but only his voice echoed in her mind, it's time to go Margaret. Grab your pearls or we're going to be late.

Finished and posted:

"Sit next to the fire, as close as you dare [99] Soltices
"Heat Haze [91] cinquino
"圣车 (Shèng chē) [159] JI#4: Holy Motors, Bard!

Finished not posted:

""Dazy Hell "[102]

4637

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012325-Meeting-goals