*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012568-Freedom
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1012568 added June 26, 2021 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Freedom

Last night hubby and I walked over to the city park. We listened to a program about the US Constitution and Freedom of Speech as it pertains to religion. I was skeptical before we went, how good could this be?

A lady from Melstone, a tiny town east of us coordinated this. She had a gentleman from the Montana Family Foundation as her keynote speaker. Then four pastors from the community had the opportunity to speak. There was also some music.

A good statement came from one of the pastors:
God gave us freedom, it is ours and no one can take it from us. We have to surrender it.

Other information we learned from the representative of the Montana Family Foundation:
No longer can the government close churches but let liquor stores, as well as other stores, remain open during a pandemic.
Religion is an essential act.
Montana will not let transgender men compete with women in sporting events.
Pandemics do not cancel the constitution.
Healthcare sharing ministries are legal.

With all the strange goings-on in our country right now, I was blessed by this gathering. I believe in God. I also believe in the freedom of religion granted to us by the constitution. We are free to worship as we see fit. I pray no one ever takes that away.

As we head toward the 4th of July, may we remember the sacrifices others have made to keep our country free.






© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012568-Freedom