*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013434-Just-Commit-Already
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1013434 added July 11, 2021 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Just Commit Already
Might as well keep going. "JAFBG [XGC]:

No one is perfect. Tell us one thing that your favourite person in the world does that you wish they'd just stop doing.


Can't.

From the forum rules: "Under no circumstances are we condoning bitching, whinging or ranting about fellow WDC members. That shit ain't cool. Don't do it." And the person I'd have to rant about is a WDC member and also reads this blog from time to time. Plus, there's not much to rant about there.

I'll have to settle for someone just a bit lower on the "favourite" (look, I'm keeping the Commonwealth spelling here) scale.

One of the things that bugs me the most about some people is how you make plans with them, and get all your shit together, and psych yourself up to go out into the fiery gaze of the accursed daystar and/or among other people..., and then they go, "You know, maybe another time."

Maybe it's me. Probably it's me. And look, I know that sometimes you just have to cancel. Like earlier this week, I had to cancel a bunch of hotel reservations and other plans for the rest of my trip, but dammit, I had an ironclad excuse. Though blowing me off is still better than an ex-girlfriend I had who was always late. And I mean always. Like, one time, we were twelve hours late for a flight. Twelve. Hours. She wasn't one of those people who did it as a power move, either; she just had no concept whatsoever of time.

No, she wasn't my girlfriend for very long, but we stayed friends. I just knew that I could never count on her to be anywhere on time, ever. One time (I'd married someone else by then) I even baby-sat her kid (by some other schmuck) while she went on a date. "I'll be back by ten," she told me. My mind edited that to "midnight" and planned accordingly. To her credit, she split the difference and got back around 11. By that time, her daughter (12 at the time) and I had gotten into a water balloon battle in her apartment, which pretty much guaranteed I'd never get roped into sitting again. As planned.

But I digress.

So, if, like, say, my other friend and I decide we want to go to Atlantic City (just to name a purely hypothetical, random example), I don't want it endlessly put off until later. Unless, you know, there's a pandemic going on. But absent that, fucking commit already.

Don't get me wrong; this doesn't mean that person isn't my friend, or that we won't eventually go to Atlantic City. We've been friends for a very, very long time, so he's basically a brother to me. Or at least I think so; he had actual brothers, but I didn't, so I don't really know what it's like. But doing anything with him can be like weeding a kudzu garden. To his credit, though, when he says, "hey, let's have lunch around 1," he's there before 1:00. Unlike some people who would show up around 5:30 am the next day.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013434-Just-Commit-Already