*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014045-God-works-forgiveness-in-my-heart
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1014045 added July 21, 2021 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
God works forgiveness in my heart
For my blog


Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
Tell about a time you’ve been hurt and how God has brought you towards forgiveness.

Answer:
This is going to shed some light on my response to the 30 day blogging challenge question below. Yesterday, I wrote a letter to an ex-boyfriend/fiance.
See the 30 day blogging challenge answer for yesterday. Well, right after this relationship, I got into a “rebound” relationship. The next guy that came along and showed me the attention I wanted, I got into a relationship with him. Big mistake! Don't ever do that. Give yourself time to heal and think straight. They say hindsight is 20-20.

I spent 3 years in a relationship with this guy. He only added to my problems.
He was controlling, verbally and emotionally abusive, and treated me like a convenience or inconvenience depending on his mood. I lived with him when he felt like it. Otherwise, I I stayed with my parents where I was miserable. Of they added to by making me feel bad for living with a guy outside of marriage. Here is where another of my miscarriages happened. In this case, thank God.

Oh I could say a whole lot more about it. Needless to say, it was not a good relationship. I finally got to a point that I felt like I was going to hurt myself or him if I didn't get out. I decided I had had enough. I left him. My best friends mom let me move in with them so I could get away from him and my parents both for awhile and could just breath a little. I so needed that.

Anyway, after that for awhile, I refused to be with a man. I had no desire to date them or be around them at all. All men tended to do was hurt me in one way or another. I went through several dark years. Previously, in life, I had been molested and raped. My dad had been physically abusive as well. Men were a source of pain.

I would only date women for awhile. My best friend and I even had a serious physical relationship together for a few years. I went to counseling as well during this time.

Finally, one day I decided I wanted to investigate religions. I explored different books, documentaries, and webpages about various religious beliefs and practices. In my own personal experience, everything led me back to Jesus Christ. I knew being in a same-sex relationship was a problem with Christianity. But denying the truth was hypocritical.

My return to Christ was a gradual one. It certainly was not helped by those condemning me to hell for being in a same sex relationship. I prayed. I decided that no matter what I would give myself Completely to God. No I did not end my relationship right away. It took a couple of years for that.

I started out getting in the habit of reading my Bible daily and praying regularly. It was through spending time alone with God that my heart was healed enough that I could begin to date men again and let the same-sex relationship go. It is through spending time with God that I was able to forgive all those hurts in the past. God is continuing to work bringing healing and forgiveness.

An image for my blog group


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Logo.


PROMPT July 21st

Your son(daughter) just gave you the surprise of your life when they brought their same-sex significant other home to meet you.
What is your reaction? Are you shocked, pleased, in denial?
How would you handle this?

Read entry above first.

Wow! Well this could be a touchy subject. Lol Sometimes it is good to discuss controversial subjects if we can all be mature enough to handle it and not be offended every time someone says something you don’t like or agree with. Some people would fly off the handle at just the thought of it.

Having said that, I will ask another question. Is it really any different than if your son or daughter said they were going to be a parent outside of marriage? I especially ask this of my other Christian friends. What if they came home drunk or high? Would it be any different? Would you love them any less? Would you disown them like some parents I know would? Would you lock them in a room and throw a bunch of Bibles at them? (This literally happened to someone I knew when they told their family they were bisexual.) This is something to truly think about and consider. What would Jesus do?

I think it would be good to sit down and have a conversation about what your beliefs are, why you believe that way, and how everyone feels about it. I think it should be done calmly and lovingly. Try not to point fingers. Find out if there is a peaceful compromise or solution to any issues.

Too many times, they are shunned, disowned, and belittled. Too many times they are committing suicide because they feel so bad about themselves, unloved, and rejected. I have heard too many stories and seen things too many times that were responses less than Christlike.

Ok? You consider yourself a Christian? What are the other church members going to think, right? I say to that, Who cares what other people think? This is your child, your own flesh and blood. You think they are going to Hell because of this. Do you seriously think that you rejecting them and putting them down is going to keep their soul out of Hell? If anything, it will send them there quicker. This isn’t going to go away just because you don't like it. Drive your kids away or try to love them and be there for them no matter what. That's your choices, like it or not.

Tell them you do not approve of their choices. That's fine. Tell them you disagree with them and you cannot in good conscience agree or enable that activity/decision. Don't disown or abandon them. They need you more now than ever. Who knows, you may have an opportunity to be a light in their darkness or their same-sex partners darkness. What actions will show them God's love? Remember, it was when we were yet in our sin that Christ died for every one of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to use in feasting on the word of God


FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


Current study: "Fruits of the Spirit - Peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the need for prayer? Let us know here and we will pray for you.
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM
Poetry Topic of the Month Contest~Closed  (13+)
Win Exclusive MBs. It ends at midnight at the end of each month. Suggest the topic.
#2216416 by Sharmelle's Expressions


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the link to the group I do these Scripture writings with on Facebook if anyone else is interested in doing so also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailyscripturewritingplan/?ref=share


Scripture writing - Psalms 119:45-48


Scripture:
45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
46 I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.

Observations:
Verse 45 - I seek God's laws and still find freedom in him.
Verse 46- I am not ashamed to speak of your testimonies in front of anyone.
Verse 47- I love God's commandments and am delighted in them.
Verse 48- I will meditate and think about God's laws and commandments. I will lift my hands and rejoice in them.

Application:
God's yoke is easy and his burden is light. It is a delight to follow his will and obey his commands. He is so worthy of praise.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
I love you. Thank you for loving me. I love to read your word. It has come to mean so much to me. You are worthy of all my praise.
In christ’s name,
Amen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Friends
2. Family
3. Healing
4. Coffee
5. Cool breezes
6. Beauty of the earth
7. The sky in the mornings
8. Rain drops on 🌹 roses
9. Flowers blooming
10. Birds singing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


Prompt: Use these words in your Blog entry today: success, fulfillment, growth, achievement.

Do you reach fulfillment through growth? Success is considered an achievement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


Today cruising through a corner of galactic space on a shuttle run, I encounter a star named Jordan Richelle (71) who writes an article to his wife Mitzi. It touched my heart because my sister's nickname was "Mitzy." She died of SIDS in 1974. So I'm honoring both Mitzy and Mitzi today. Write about love.

It seems like a lot of these blog prompts are going together today. Love is a theme it seems. In reality, nothing beats God's love. When you are anchored in his love, everything else will fall into place.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


Day 3172: July 21, 2021

Prompt: Write a tribute to someone special in your life?

I have done a lot of writing today it seems. My best friend's mom was very special to me. She filled in the gaps for me where my mother lacked. My mother was jealous of her too. I have written about her somewhere previously. It must have been a little while back.

She helped me get out of the relationship I mentioned for my entry for take up your cross. She helped me in so many ways. In return, I was able to take care of her when she was sick with lung cancer. I was there even on the day she died. I will never forget her.

FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014045-God-works-forgiveness-in-my-heart