*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015894-August-20-2021
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1015894 added August 20, 2021 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
August 20, 2021
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: “Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean!” ― Bob Marley
Do you think Bob is right, people shouldn't be pointing fingers? Do you think people are more judgmental now than 25 years ago or about the same?


----------

Although I don't have access to any reliable statistics on the people's judgmental behavior over the years, Marley does have a point.. Yet, what he says is a blanket statement and doesn’t cover all situations. Then, he is also doing exactly the thing he puts down. He’s pointing fingers at judgmental people.

Yes, I have to be judgmental (to a degree) so I don’t make friends with a serial killer or a seasoned burglar who could use my or my friends’ identities and harm us in a few other ways.

Yet, should I be judgmental about every single person I meet? Definitely not. In fact, good will, understanding, and benefit of doubt are my go-to stance and action with everyone, be it she or he is a homeless person or filthy rich or has a purple skin color or if she laughs at sad things.

On Marley’s side, though, lies the fact that we shouldn’t point fingers at first sight or opinion. We all have brains that hopefully work to our advantage, and understanding and accepting differences among all peoples should be our common goal, so we don’t hurt anyone or get hurt ourselves by our own thoughts and actions.

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: drifter writes about tennis in "Tennis Anyone. Can someone explain tennis please?

----

Hahaha! Tennis is unexplainable. Only because it has so much to do with the condition (more mental than physical) that a player is in at the time of her/his match. Then, his stamina and mental health, which could be strong in an ephemeral fashion, can get in his way with positive or negative effects. Then, that stance can change from set to set and even from play to play.

As for me, tennis is nother personal weird thing. I learned to play tennis in high school. I guess, then, I was ranking between average and above average. Years later, during my thirties, a friend of mine took an interest in tennis and asked me to practice with her. Sure enough, we both got into it and entered in a group (I think they called them leagues, Lol!) in a local tennis establishment, called Tennis Time in Kingspark, NY. (I now googled it and found out that it is still there with a name change to SPORTIME Kings Park and with additions of other sports to it.

Coming back to what I was saying, the weird thing was, I was more than pretty good in doubles plays, but I totally sucked in singles. Go figure! So, don’t ask me about tennis. I’ll never figure it out and I have given away all my equipment years ago. It is past history for me. Way-past history!

© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015894-August-20-2021