*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016747-For-the-Love-of-Food
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1016747 added September 4, 2021 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
For the Love of Food
The Original Logo.


PROMPT September 4th

If the Internet disappeared tomorrow, how would you continue to share your love of food?

Awe, back to the good old days. Lol

There are so many ways even better than the Internet for sharing a love of food. What is better than posting your favorite recipe on social media or emailing it to family you ask? Well, that's easy. First, you cook it. Then you take samples of it to those around you like your neighbors. You make new friends. You invite friends and family to your house to eat and share your favorite foods.

When I was a young girl, the way you welcomed a new neighbor into the neighborhood was by cooking them something delicious and offering it to them. That was how you met and made friends with your new neighbors.

Social media, texting, instant messaging, and emails have become our norm instead. A personal touch or physical encounter is always better than a virtual one. Virtual one's are great when you live in another state or town far away, but for those closer to you, we should bring physical contact back into play.

As far back as I can remember, church fellowships, family get together, and visiting friends involved the love of food. Food was the centerpiece of those get together. I am sure we all have a lot of great memories surrounding food.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016747-For-the-Love-of-Food