*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023708-Perfectionists-play-with-matches-scream-when-they-get-burnt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1023708 added December 27, 2021 at 12:57am
Restrictions: None
Perfectionists play with matches, scream when they get burnt
Why do some perfectionists like to play with matches and then scream when they get burnt?

In response to yesterday's entry "Be wary of the blunt instrument I told Elisa: Middle Aged Stik [edited]:

I did not vote for Nero.

Nor am I willing to let the Anarchists torch the place.

1. Senator Manchin. He does not represent Montana so I do not get to vote for him.

2. Why do some folks blame Manchin? Why not Rubio or Cruz or Daines? In Montana, I do get to vote on Daines. There are 49 senators who tend to vote as a block to block Biden. There's plenty of suspects to applaud/blame.

3. Why do Americans think that only Americans are smart enough to come up with answers regarding elections? Most of Europe does quite well with multi-party coalitions. Costa Rica has runoffs (so does Louisiana, Georgia and California). Extremists may enter government regardless of the system; but they don't become the leader unless that's what the people want.

4. A large minority, perhaps plurality, want a CMTA not a USA, In-White-Jesus-We-Trust not E-Pluribus-Unum, a theocracy run by Christians-only, a military to protect that oligarchy until Armageddon (or one capable of instigating it), Guns (nuclear if possible) and Bibles (Old Testament preferably) and an autocrat as emperor. Those who didn't loved Trump in 2016: keep bickering and be prepared for His Second Coming in 2024.

5. Focusing on one politician (like Manchin) who is not plotting to overthrow the government and democracy while ignoring those who do ... seems kinda petty and inflexible.

Perfectionism may be essential in fields/jobs like IT (as Stik, the expert who does, has noted); but, in politics near-sighted squabbling is killing the country. And yes, republics fail and democracies can die.


Because the year is almost over, brought to you by Annette:



And... in response to Solace.Bring about staying healthy and safe [edited]:

Even if those ways seem unhealthy to others.

I have an ongoing disagreement with healthy food advocates.

What does 'eating healthy' cost per calorie? Have they ever been poor or hungry or homeless? Calories Matter.

I survived homelessness by keeping warm, eating whatever I could, keeping my eyes open all 7 directions 24/7. It was stressful; I survived.

That said, after I survived, I needed to find better ways. *Bigsmile* And I did! But now in my ##th year of life I need to reassess and make choices that reflect my present reality. Ain't always easy and nothing's guaranteed.

[Added: cooked my own lasagna with clams and smoked ham and ate it all!]


Brought to you by LeJenD':



5463

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023708-Perfectionists-play-with-matches-scream-when-they-get-burnt