*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027752-Swing
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1027752 added March 18, 2022 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
Swing
Author's Note: This was written March Musical Monkey Madness see: "Note: March Musical Monkey Madness Blogging Prompt..."

Prompt: What is Andre’s favorite genre? Does he have a favorite artist, Who and why?

Andre once played with (your choice of the artist, this can be a fictional or actual artist).


***


Monkeys love to Swing and Andre is no different. He dabbles in other genres but his favorite Genre is Jazz. Andre loves all the Jazz greats (Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and Miles Davis). His Idol though is Louis Prima. Prima voiced King Louie in the Jungle Book and Andre actually knew him pretty well as will be mentioned in a future prompt.

It is a little known fact but Prima actually got Andre a cameo appearance in the Jungle Book. It is hard to see and Andre is in costume but you can catch him briefly at 3:29


In terms of Trumpeting skill Andre is particular good a playing expressively. By holding the right notes controlling his volume and using vibrato effectively. Also being a spontaneous Monkey, Andre has a gift for He really puts a lot of soul into his music and Jazz plays to his strengths.

Andre's love of Jazz is present with most of the music he performs as well as his choice of instrument.

As a Sidenote: Andre's favorite Jazz tunes are the following:

1) Sing Sing Sing (More on this in a later entry)
2) What a Wonderful World
3) Fly Me to the Moon
4) Take 5
5) Rhapsody in Blue
6) Take the A Train
7) Fever (A song Andre frequently sings as part of a duet with a partner of his)
8) Mack the Knife
9) My Favorite Things
10) Just the Two of Us.

Andre know how to play all these tunes adding his own distinctive style to the mix creating some amazing renditions of these!!


Word Count: 308

© Copyright 2022 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027752-Swing