*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028804-Home-And-A-Nice-Surprise
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1028804 added March 17, 2022 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
Home, And A Nice Surprise
Locale: Burlington County (Mt Holly), NJ

Week  of: March 7, 2022

         The past week of traveling was a good week overall, despite a couple of things that occurred while I was in New Jersey.  So let's get right to that.

         I arrived on Monday and had a relaxing dinner, though it wasn't the healthiest of dinners I could have chosen.  Fried Dill Pickles for an Appetizer (I love fried dill pickles!), and a Flat Bread with Broccoli and a Garlic Cream Sauce.  That morning, I'd restarted my Chemo drugs because I was finally able to start the 'maintenance mode' after the Cervical Spine Surgery.  It had been two months since I'd taken these, and I forgot one small, but very important detail.  I take a steroid once a week to combat any ill-effects from the Chemo drug.  So I took it on Monday also.  What I forgot about, is this steroid causes INSOMNIA!  Yours truly didn't fall asleep until after 3 am, and woke to my alarm at 5:30.  I'm too old to miss that much sleep.  So I will shift that particular drug back a day each week until I'm taking it on Fridays.  This way, I can sleep in some (maybe until 6:30?) on Saturday.  The other minor issues that occurred were losing Internet all night on Wednesday, and having a nice, comfy room, except the heat would only cycle on if I moved about the room.  So sit and watch TV, sit and be online at the desk, and no heat.  I mean it could be a lot worse, a whole lot worse.  I know LinnAnn -book writer has talked about her house being so cold that icicles would hang from her nose!... and with the way things are in the world, I didn't have it bad at all.  But you come to expect more from a Hilton property.  Speaking of Hilton....

         I learned last week that I am now a Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond member.  What this means is, not much.  Then again, a lot.  I don't have to meet any criteria to maintain Diamond status.  I could remain at home  the rest of my life, never spend a night in a Hilton brand hotel, I'd still be Diamond.  Diamond status has its perks though.  You earn more points per night, complimentary upgrades, etc.  Today I received another surprise from Hilton.  It is a box, and inside it was a nice small booklet, maybe 5 pages in length.  It said I'd been a member for 18 years, have stayed at a Hilton brand hotel 1,219 nights in 267 locations around the world, starting with my first stay at a Hampton Inn at Arundel Mills, Md.  That was a nice touch, a personal type of touch.  You know what I mean.  But the 'biggest' thing in that box, was a set of Bose earbuds, along with a metal Lifetime Diamond Member card.  A couple of co-workers reached  this nice pinnacle a couple of years ago, I never knew about the box.  *Smile*

         My immediate schedule (March-May) has not changed, but the rest has.  There's going to be little R&R for this man, that's all I know.  What weeks I am able to relax will be welcomed, you can count on that.

Week of 3/14:  US Navy, San Clemente (Online class, I will spend one night in Schaumburg for it)
Week of 3/21:  Philippine Armed Services.  On line class, teaching Wed-Fri this week, and completing it on a Sunday/Monday 2 weeks later (their request).  I will teach from 7pm to 1 am those days.
Week of 3/28:  Northampton, Ma
Week of 4/4:  Cross Train one of our Instructor who works out of Indonesia.  I cross-trained her manager last year (Online of course, 5 days).  She's scheduled to teach a class in our Florida location, then spend some time in Schaumburg.  He told her to ask if I would be available, and spend a week with me cross-training her.  I feel honored that he would tell her to do that.
Week of 4/11:  San Diego
Week of 4/18:  Washington DC, with the Secret Service.  I hope to meet 🌸 pwheeler happy b-day WdC , 🌕 HuntersMoon and his wife, and hopefully Robert Waltz , if he can get there from his home in Western Virginia.
Week of 4/25:  Los Angeles, Port Of Los Angeles to be exact.  I will meet Annette aka Din Djarin , maybe Jeff masquerading as Deadpool , and if she's available, Schnujo's in Georgia .
Week of 5/2:  Virginia again, probably Richmond area.
Week of 5/9:  Vacation!
Week of 5/16:  Schaumburg
Week of 5/23:  Teach from home
Week of 5/30:  Meetings in Schaumburg, or online

         Right now, between scheduled vacation weeks, and mandatory 'no delivery time', I have 8 weeks free between now and the middle of November.... Yeah, it's going to be a busy year.  But in the grand scheme of things, life is good, it's always good!

In Closing


         That's about it for now, til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!






Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1's At Home! (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's At Home! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028804-Home-And-A-Nice-Surprise