*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028940-This-has-very-little-to-do-with-Forrest-Gump
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2253657
Maybe meandering, possibly peripatetic and indisputably irregular.
#1028940 added March 14, 2022 at 5:57pm
Restrictions: None
This has very little to do with Forrest Gump
Prompt 9 Did the collaboration between Leonard Cohen and Andre result in a One Hit Wonder? Why or Why Not?

The collaboration between Leonard Cohen and Andre was only ever meant to be a one off. Despite agreeing amiably to the 'world tour', they then went their separate ways. So Hymn 2 was destined to be a one hit wonder. Ah yes, but what a wonder. It was taken as the theme tune up for a gritty British drama called 'Choirboys', and once again marched up the charts destroying all before it.

When all the fuss about the show was dying down, Hymn 2 suddenly hit the headlines around the world when French techno wizard Jean-Michel Jarre used a built in synthesiser aboard the Martian Euro-Robo-Explorer or 'Eurex' for short to play the first live music on another planet. The sound was beamed back to Earth and 'Hymn 2 (Martian Mix)' was storming to the top spot once more.

Two years later, Cohen was invited to take part in an International Day of Awareness of Something concert. Performing in Hyde Park in London, Leonard did an acoustic version of Hymn 2, with Andre's lines covered by insanely annoying comedian, but generally good bloke really, Rick Gervais. Put out as the worlds first glittery MP4, the song once again assaulted eardrums across the globe in sufficient measure to grace the top spot.

By this point the whole thing was going a bit Forrest Gump, and indeed yet another version of Hymn 2 was soon Top of the Pops (Again). This time it was a cover version recorded as a Halloween/Christmas crossover long play, long duration, dance version. The cover was made by a previously obscure group called the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

Nor was this the last time that Hymn 2 took number one, very sadly the last time (so far) that happened was the occasion of Leonard's demise. Hymn 2 and Hallelujah soared to number 2 and number 1 respectively, then swapped places several times before being knocked off by 'You Want It Darker'.

The upside of all this was that Andre was on the receiving end of quite a lot of royalties. More on that next time.

Word Count: 347.

© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028940-This-has-very-little-to-do-with-Forrest-Gump