*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029251-Still-At-Home
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1029251 added March 20, 2022 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
Still At Home
Locale: Burlington County (Mt Holly), NJ

Week  of: March 21, 2022

         This week I deliver a class to the Armed Forces Of The Philippines (AFP).  It's an online class, so with the time difference, I will teach from 7 pm to 1 am Tuesday-Thursday, then a week and a half later finish the class on a Sunday/Monday 4/3 and 4/4.  Why the break in the class?  Again, with the  time difference, plus the fact that they are on the other side of the date line, the class will be Wednesday-Friday for them.  You're probably wondering what happened to Monday and Tuesday...  Those days will be spent celebrating by them, because it's the Anniversary of the formation of the Philippine Armed Forces.  It kind of makes me wonder what kind of shape they'll be in for class that Wednesday!  *Laugh*

         My schedule hasn't changed yet, but I just received an E-mail from the Training Coordinator who is arranging this class for the AFP.  She wants me to come there to deliver a series of classes, no idea how many, or how long I'd be there.  Also, I have no idea where, because she coordinates training for our customers in Asia-Pacific (APAC).  Apparently several customers have equipment I specialize in, and want me there.  We'll see what the future holds.

         Since my class with the Commonwealth of Virginia will now be held in Fort Lauderdale, it would be nice to meet anyone on WDC from that area.  I know Lilli 🧿 ☕ and Nixie🦊 are in Florida somewhere, just not sure of their exact location, nor am I sure both would want to meet up.  I am scheduled for 4 weeks of delivery there this year.  One week in May, 2 weeks back to back in June, and a week in December.  Normally we don't have a rental car in Fort Lauderdale, it's too hard to find a decent parking area, hotels charge to park there, etc.  But for the June classes, I will have one for the weekend between the classes, and probably go to Key West on Friday. 

         As you might guess, my schedule can change quickly, sometimes it's my team that changes it, sometimes it's the customer.  This week, the customer needed a class canceled/delayed.  Now I have a week to rest in April, but it means I don't get to see San Diego (again).  That's good really, because I was scheduled for far too many weeks in a row, which our manager hates.  I don't mind it, or didn't before all these health issues hit me, but he sure does.  Things have changed a little for me in April & May.  (For those of you who are really interested in the changes, if any of you really are, I've highlighted that week in red).  The weeks in March-May are pretty firm, which is why I've posted them here.  Anything much further out can be changed.

         Well heck, changes have happened at the last minute, so there's no telling really.  But last minute changes are few and far between.  In 2015 though, it happened to me twice in one month!  I was at work on a Tuesday, and got a call from my manager asking if I was free that week. (I was).  He told me to hang on, but that I'd probably be going to Robin's AFB south of Atlanta.  I did get assigned, and went home to pack and schedule my trip.  I flew out on Wednesday, taught two days and flew home Friday night.  The following Monday a co-worker came in and talked to me about the class he was delivering in Souix Falls SD.  He was uncomfortable with this delivery because he'd just learned that their system was not one he'd seen before, and was worried about knowing enough.  I reassured him that he would be fine (they didn't use Network connections for their repeaters, they were connected with a protocol called V.24.  He wanted to know more about this protocol before the delivery (No idea why he waited until the last minute to worry like this).  We don't  teach any protocol in-depth, especially V.24.  But he wasn't reassured much.  My immediate supervisor was there during this conversation and asked if I was okay with teaching the class.  So yep, once again a last minute change.  Like I said, those are few and far between.  I do think the March-May classes will not change.


Week of 3/21:  Philippine Armed Services.  On line class, teaching Tues-Thurs this week, completing it on a Sunday/Monday 2 weeks later (their request).  I will teach from 7pm to 1 am those days.
Week of 3/28:  Northampton, Ma
Week of 4/4:  Cross Train one of our Instructor who works out of Indonesia.  I cross-trained her manager last year (Online of course, 5 days).  She's scheduled to teach a class in our Florida location, then spend some time in Schaumburg.  He told her to ask if I would be available, and spend a week with me cross-training her.  I feel honored that he would tell her to do that.
Week of 4/11:  No delivery.  The week is called 'Instructor Prep'
Week of 4/18:  Washington DC, with the Secret Service.  I hope to meet 🌸 pwheeler love, joy, peace , 🌕 HuntersMoon and his wife, and hopefully Robert Waltz , if he can get there from his home in Western Virginia.
Week of 4/25:  Los Angeles, Port Of Los Angeles to be exact.  I will meet Annette in Paris , maybe Jeff , and if she's available, Schnujo's in Alabama .
Week of 5/2:  Commonwealth of Virginia, but the class will be held in Ft Lauderdale.
Week of 5/9:  Vacation!
Week of 5/16:  Schaumburg
Week of 5/23:  Teach from home, another night class since the customer is the US Air Force, the Yokota AFB in Japan.
Week of 5/30:  Meetings in Schaumburg, or online


         The week of 5/2 was the week that had my manager concerned.  By that time, I would have been on my 7th week in a row, almost twice the number of consecutive weeks he wants us delivering.  Again, I don't mind because in my eyes, I'm an instructor, so teaching is my job.  *Smile*

         Yeah, it's going to be a busy year, my schedule remains very full.  However, there may be a ray of hope on the horizon since we interviewed 6 people for 2 positions last week.  We'll see who they hire, and how fast they can pick things up.  Still, in the grand scheme of things, life is good, it's always good!

In Closing


         That's about it for now, til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!






Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029251-Still-At-Home