*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029389-In-Concert
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2257228
Tales from real life
#1029389 added March 23, 2022 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
In Concert
Earworm

I caught a little earworm,
the tune is quite well known.
It wriggled 'round my ear canals
until the drums were blown.

I thought I might displace it
with another melody,
but now I have a BIG earworm
that's taken hold of me.

I can't escape the loopy tune,
it's gnawing at my brain.
I fear I'll hear it everywhere
until I'm quite insane!


My wife and I saw Les Misérables at the 5th Ave Theater in Seattle way back in the 1990's. It was a great show and Deb insisted on buying the soundtrack CD. I didn't even object to the price. Master of the House became an insidious earworm for months. Do You Hear the People Sing? was almost as bad. (or good?)

There was a 'small world' coincidence at intermission. We ran into a large group from our Church. Their outing had been organized as a thank-you for volunteers. We were involved to a small degree at the time but hadn't made the cut for theater tickets. The funny part was that they felt guilty about it and were embarrassed to see us there.

A more interesting coincidence took place at a Jimmy Buffet concert in the Seattle Center Arena. I'd gotten two seats way up in the nosebleed section where we could barely see the stage. I sat on Deb's left, there was another woman on Deb's right, and the next person in line was the guy who sat at the desk next to mine at work! I couldn't resist leaning over the two women to tap on Matt's leg and wave hello. His wife just about freaked out until she realized what was going on.

© Copyright 2022 Words Whirling 'Round (UN: tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Words Whirling 'Round has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029389-In-Concert