*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029662-End-of-March-Proverb
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #2253862
A canvas for splashing my thoughts of the day onto. This could get abstract indeed.
#1029662 added March 29, 2022 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
End of March Proverb
Notes Day 3

In these final days of March, I've so far had rain, snow, a bit of hail, and icy cold wind. I think the Borrowing Days are living up to their reputation. I guess there must be something to that Scottish proverb.

That's the thing about proverbs, they are a way of passing down experiences people have had in earlier times, so there is usually something to learn from them. They are not magical predictions, like they can sometimes seem in childhood. Rather they are life experiences put into a form that can easily be passed down through the ages. That's why they can seem a bit mysterious, it's usually easier to remember quirky rhymes than straightforwards explanations.

So what could a modern proverb about these last days of March be? Step one would be to have useful information to pass on, some kind of life experience that might be useful for future generations to hear about. Step two would be to put it into a memorable form, and add some rhyme, mystery and perhaps a story to go with it.

Well, the last couple of years have taught me that this is approximately the time when I find out whether the pandemic infection rates is bad enough to ruin my plans for Easter or not. Will this be relevant information for future generations? Hopefully the pandemic we're struggling with now will be less and less dangerous. However, now the flu is said to be getting worse, and who knows what else might crop up?

I'm going to warn future generations, then, of what signs to look for around this time to know if they can celebrate Easter as planned or not. I guess a lot of sneezing would be a bad sign.

Hmm.. lets see...


Hark!
Should March end with a cough and sniff and sneeze,
Then Easter will not go the way you please.



Of course Easter can be in the end of March, rather than April, but it still pretty much works. Waddayathink?

© Copyright 2022 PiriPica (UN: pernille at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PiriPica has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029662-End-of-March-Proverb