*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030278-April-7-prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1030278 added April 7, 2022 at 8:45pm
Restrictions: None
April 7 prompt

You've just been hired as head chef at Andre's Banana Bar & Fine Dining.
What changes do you make to the restaurant and menu?
Write about your experience.


There’s a new name, a new chef, and a new menu at the Banana Bar. Lilli unveiled the news last night to a group of writing.com patrons. All could smell the Indian spices as we walked through the door.

Bistro Bengali is the new name and Chef Sunita Patel talked of the new menu. She will be serving samosas, tandoori chicken in the traditional clay tandoor oven and/or butter chicken, chutney, rice and lassi. I seem to remember this person working at WalMart last week as a greeter.

Andre showed us all to our seats, where we waited for the servers to deliver the meal.

One by one, the Indian treats came to our tables. And one by one, all we diners made faces, made comments. We all pushed back our plates.

Andre saw what was happening. He called the wait staff to the front of the dining room.

“Asldf! Aasdfl! Eat!”

All the monkeys, the apes, the gorillas grabbed the rejected plates. They scooped up the refused meals and stuffed the Indian food into their mouths. Soon there was chicken and rice, chutney and samosas all over the diners, all over the floor.

Then Andre had the bright idea to mix the lassi with rum and serve a new drink to all. He whispered to Lilli who announced, “Okay, friends. Andre just invented a new concoction for your drinking pleasure. He tells me he named it “Lassi Fever”.

Everyone lifted their drinks in a toast. Lilli continued, “But it’s not to be confused with the disease endemic to West Africa called “Lassa Fever”. Enjoy!”

We put the drinks back down in a hurry. No one wanted to take a chance on something lost in translation. There had been reports of fewer rodents running around lately.

W/C 298

new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030278-April-7-prompt