*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031512-Port-Of-Los-Angeles
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1031512 added April 27, 2022 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
Port Of Los Angeles
Locale: San Pedro, Ca

Week of: April 25, 2022

         This week finds me in San Pedro visiting the Port Of Los Angeles there.  It's my second time here, I was here that last week of June in 2013, and snapped this photo Friday morning late, after class was done.




         This is another Fleetmapping class, and the more I deliver it, the more I love delivering it.  Especially in person.  And I've been really enjoying fresh seafood here, can't get much of that in Illinois.  Don't get me wrong,there are some good seafood restaurants in my area.  But they are few and far between.  Looking forward to even more fresh seafood next week in Fort Lauderdale.  That, and some Paella, and a Cubano Sandwich.  *Smile*  I've been watching how much, and what, I eat though, so hopefully not gaining too much weight.  At my age, any kind of exercise is hard to do, hard to fit in also.  Walking is it for me, for the most part.  Speaking of food... .


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Louisiana Charlies          https://www.louisianacharlies.com/menu  I was in the mood for some Cajun food, but didn't have what I'd term 'real Cajun food'.  I settled for 1 lb of Little Neck Clams boiled in Cajun spices then tossed with a mixture of garlic butter and Cajun seasonings.  With Corn On the Cob, Potatoes, and Andouille Sausage.  Was very good really.

         22nd Street Landing Seafood Grill & Bar          http://22ndstlandingrestaurant.com/dinnermenu  When you're in Rome, do as the Romans do, right?  So when you're near fresh Seafood, ya gotta have it if you ask me.  Housemade Clam Chowder and Bouiabaisse! Yummmm!  Except that I thought the Bouiabaisse I had in Connecticut about a month ago was better.  It seemed (could have been in my mind, I don't know), but it seemed like this place 'rationed' the seafood in it.

         Parkers' Lighthouse          https://parkerslighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/Dinner.pdf  More Seafood! In a way at least.  I wanted a light dinner tonight, so had Spicy Edamame, Lighthouse Sushi Roll, and Shrimp and Pork Belly Lettuce Wraps.  All were excellent!


Photo's From Visit:

22nd Street Landing



In Closing

         I will spend the weekend traveling, flying to Fort Lauderdale Saturday, and teaching there next week.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031512-Port-Of-Los-Angeles