*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032431-May-2022-Prompt-14
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1032431 added May 15, 2022 at 9:19am
Restrictions: None
May 2022 Prompt #14


Prompt - Take a drive down memory lane and arrive at the Drive-In Theater. (of your imagination)
One thing I learned from our trip to the Drive-In last week is that they don't have Drive-In Movie theaters in England.
(as per Jellyfish Stands With Ukraine )

The Good News is... We can fix this!

You are the president of the hugely successful 'International Entertainment Developers Corporation' and you've just signed a contract to open a Drive-In Movie Theater in ________________, (a country (or planet) you learned did not have a Drive-In theater)
Write an ad for your proposed theater.
Where will it be located?
What kind of vehicles will it be built to accommodate?
What sorts of snacks will be available in the snack bar?
What movies will be shown?
Are there any cultural or political objections to the project you had to resolve before opening day?

Aha! I thought of the perfect wide-open venue for Drive-In Movie Theater. No light pollution to spoil the flick in Yellowstone National Park. And the perfect place in Yellowstone is Swan Lake flats. This is an area right above Mammoth Hot Springs on the way to the interior of the park. A flat area, lake off a ways. The Grand Loop road runs by it.

You wouldn't even have to show a movie. Let the wild animals be the show. Just shine a bright light on a big screen. "Film Fun under the Stars! Dash for your popcorn between bear and wolf sightings!" and "Didn't see that elusive bear today? Come tonight and watch bears chase movie-goers with that pizza purchase!" "Wolves spotted finally at the drive-in movie feasting on a carcass!" The possibilities are endless when you get wild animals and people in the same place.

I do know, of course, the National Park Service would be a hard sell for this type of event. But then again, maybe not. The parks need money. Desperately. Infrastructure is in bad need of repair, even with the millions of visitors each year. The roads and bridges are crumbling, the hotels, restaurants, and campgrounds are outdated. Plus the season in Yellowstone for repair is short, about 6 weeks. So charging tourists about $20 to sit in their vehicles and watch a blank screen for a few hours is perhaps genius.

But as I think a little more about this, a blank screen is what most tourists will get in Yellowstone. No or limited internet in that part of the wild West. After all, it is still the wilderness when you get off the road in most places in that park.








new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032431-May-2022-Prompt-14